8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Disconnect his battery. You win.

I'm pretty sure this race will be pretty close. While the weight may be considerable, it will be close, with you at slight advantage.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Well, according to Edmunds:
Our Civic test car felt right at home peeling off consistent quarter-mile times. Proving that its high-revving engine is potent, if not flexible, its 15.2-second pass beat the GTI through the quarter-mile by one-tenth of a second.
We know the Si will do slightly better than 15.2 if conditions are right, but I'm sure the GTi will be the same. I'm thinking it will be quite close and really can go either way because the GTi will have that extra bit of torque at the start.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, according to Edmunds:

We know the Si will do slightly better than 15.2 if conditions are right, but I'm sure the GTi will be the same. I'm thinking it will be quite close and really can go either way because the GTi will have that extra bit of torque at the start.
tru were the si has the power at the high end. looks like im VETCING!!!!! haha:vtec::vtec:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
^^ same here

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The clutches on the GTIs are not as good as the SI's. Those VWs have a very heavy clutch I dont know about the GTI's now adays because I would never touch another vw after my jetta fell apart underneith me. But the SI would hands down. Not to mention the GTI does not have the Vtec engine ;x

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.