8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I think the tC has a great starting point with 160/161 hp/tq but you also gotta remember that the tC is very heavy. All the sudden, the 140 in the civic is not so bad. Also, the tC has a notchy transmission/shift feel. The hondas are butter smooth

I was in the same situation about a month ago before I got my civic. Basically I just looked at all of the options. And it really just came down to price for my decision, because they were both looked good in there own way and both had unique appealing. I like the idea of factory performance parts, but also I like knowing that there will always be a market for my civic.

But heres the breakdown i came too. Taking a TC stock and trying to upgrade it to an Civic EX

TC manual
MSRP 16,200
Security +469
SRS and side Airbags +650
Lip Spoiler +380
Sub +449
Upgraded Radio +449
Aux Input+249
Total 18,846

While Civic Ex Manual is 18,200 MSRP

So they were about even until the dealer took $1000 off MSRP for the civic and gave me $500 more for trading in my 03 vic.

And just note that performance parts such as superchargers and CAI cannot be financed. So if you want them you will have to pay outta pocket. TDR CAI is around $500 and s/c around $3500. About the same as a turbo for the civic, if they develop one.

i drove both cars, i liked both couldnt really complain about them but then i also sat in the back seat of both cars and even though the scion has reclining backseats, it doesnt matter the way the window comes down, your still smacking your head on it, but when im in the civic 2 door i feel fine with a lil room to spare, i have sit a little low in my seat since im 5`10 but im not complaining. much better then my 98 integra, that back seat was horrid. i also felt the scion was unsafe. where it is a toyota which is a very respectable brand, the first thing i did when i saw it was knock on the sides of the outside over the rear wheel, it felt very tinney, not solid like when i knocked on the civic. the civic was thin to but felt safer to me then the scion especially with the side airbags. i check the sides because on my integra my friends 110 pound bf leaned against it and left a nice dent in the side so now its one of the first things i check. when it came down to my decision for the cars it came down to, mazda 3, tc, ion 170hp, civic ex. the ion interior i found boring, i thought it looked cool and had the 4 door coupe but that wa all it had going so that ws out, the scion i didnt feel safe in but the mazda was close, i could have gone both ways but went for the civic because it was 2 doors which was what i wanted, and something about 40mpg just cries to me.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.