8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil changes every 3k-4k
7.5 quarts of atf flush through at 15k, 30k and 50k

What other maintenance junk do you freakozoids suggest?

I dont need an Accessory belt yet. I'll probably change it at 75k or so.

I'm thinking:

New oem plugs, coolant flush, brake line flush and new pads, and ps fluid flush.

So far I havent had any problems with my car and I beat the crap out of it daily.

I'm so torn between buying another car or keeping this one. I really like how great it handles and the 36mpg i average. If i dont buy a car in the next month or two I think I will get a coilover kit and wheels. Its been a while since I fixed up a car but I would budget about 5k to make the honda more enjoyable.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, one thing i missed, i'm getting this car fuggin detailed, interior is clean, i shampoo it, but i havent washed it in months, and its a NHBP

·
Registered
236 Posts
i say just check your engine for leaks and stuff like that b4 your warranty is up. I seen acouple fairly new hondas with valve cover leaks. Speaking of the car itself, I say keep it since its been good to ya.

·
Registered
518 Posts
are you using synthetic oil or regular? 87 octane or higher? just curious?

Sounds like you have all the maintainance you will ever need. NIce job

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe your plugs are good for 100,000 miles. 60,000 miles is about the right time to perform a coolant flush. I am not sure about the schedule for brake and PS fluid replacement, but 60,000 miles sounds about right there as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You may want to ask if it is time to replace the PCV and O2 sensor. honestly, I do not know if they are due to be replaced at 60K miles. A plugged PCV can lead to engine sludge and a faulty O2 sensor will impact fuel economy and may lead to carbon buildup in the combustion chambers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you using synthetic oil or regular? 87 octane or higher? just curious?

Sounds like you have all the maintainance you will ever need. NIce job
I run WALMART BRAND SUPERTECH for $1 a quart and it doesnt even get dark after 5000 miles. For all those who believe a economy engine that is mass produced requires something like spoon race oil, royal purple, hks oil, ect... is wasting money. As long as the engine isn't over the maximum crank case pressure, over reved, on a constant 80%+ load, or heating up beyond the normal operating range you really dont need anything more than a basic metal on metal lubricant. I just throw in regular 5-20 supertech. Smells like mobil 1, taste like it, and i use it help me bake my honda cookies.

I also run 87 octane, different stations all the time, no patterns. Every month or two I run premium just because she deserves a good meal every now and then.

FYI 2nd shot of VSOP Remy Martin down the face hole, Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe your plugs are good for 100,000 miles. 60,000 miles is about the right time to perform a coolant flush. I am not sure about the schedule for brake and PS fluid replacement, but 60,000 miles sounds about right there as well.
Yeah I think I will do the coolant and all the other fluids. I have driven 50k+ miles in a year, I should probably just do them all at the same time so I don't forget.

Shot number 3 in the mouth hole!!!

You may want to ask if it is time to replace the PCV and O2 sensor. honestly, I do not know if they are due to be replaced at 60K miles. A plugged PCV can lead to engine sludge and a faulty O2 sensor will impact fuel economy and may lead to carbon buildup in the combustion chambers.
Didnt even think about the PCV, i will get one from honda. I believe on most imports they recommend to change the pcv every 15-30k or something rediculous like that. Its a $10 part at most. Cant hurt.

The O2's are defintely flying right, no pinging, great milage, no fouling. I think they are gonna last a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts