8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped by the dealer last night. No coupes for another two weeks so I settled for taking a sedan for a test drive.

Nice car. Looks better in person than the pics I’ve seen. Feels solid. Even taking a turn at a light impressed me and I wasn’t trying to. Steering is nicely weighted and decent feedback.

Not particularly impressed with the acceleration but I’ve never been in the sedan before so no real basis for comparison. Plus it was an AT and the odo had less than 20 miles so it was really new. Very quite but did have a refined “whoooop” under load.

I think I found the missing space from the trunk. It’s under the dash. The dash is one huge piece of real estate. I get the impression someone at Honda said “Damn, we need to do something to fill in this space. Let’s make a two tier display.”. But I like the two tier. I even liked the blue/purple lighting for the gauges/displays. It’ll be interesting to see how other companies handle this as windshield angles drop.

Can’t see the hood from the drivers’ seat. A little freaky not knowing where the front of your car is but I remember the same from my Civic a few generations back. I’ll get used to it again. Hey, maybe this will start a new trend for “nose feelers” or those rods that truckers use that stick straight up in the front so you know where the bumper is… eh, maybe not.

Seats are firm but comfy. When I first got in I thought they were hard but after a minute I didn’t even notice. Seems like they would hold you in place well. I assume it’s the same seat as in the (non-Si) coupe.

At 6 ft I’ve had issues in the past (again, a few generations back) with the moon roof. But no problem this time. Even with the seat straight up I still had head clearance.

I really like that the key has the buttons for keyless entry, no extra fob. And that the key has a chip in it that is required to start the car. A duplicated key can’t start it.

The little “extra” window at the bottom of the roof pillar is mildly hooky but convenient. And again probably required with the windshield angle, otherwise you’d loose a piece of visibility there.

Didn’t try the stereo. I usually replace it with aftermarket but this one might be interesting. Plus it was the sales dude’s first Civic ride as well and he was playing with the navi. At the time I was more interested in the ride anyway.

So there are a few quick thoughts. Nothing new really. Overall I like it. I’m pretty sure an EX coupe with stick is my next vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
THE CAR IS NICE. ITS GOOD THAT YOU LIKE IT WAIT TILL YOU DERICE THE 197 HP LSD TRANNY WITH THE ABS EBD. AND WHEN YOU SIT ON THE SUADE WITH RED STICHING SEATS. :driving:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
great review. I think so far most of the reviews have touched on a lot of the same feelings. Thx for the writeup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
jdmcoupe07 said:
THE CAR IS NICE. ITS GOOD THAT YOU LIKE IT WAIT TILL YOU DERICE THE 197 HP LSD TRANNY WITH THE ABS EBD. AND WHEN YOU SIT ON THE SUADE WITH RED STICHING SEATS. :driving:

its not suede is a fake suede called alcantra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts