8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car in September when it just turned one year old with 28,000km.
I've a few niggly problems -
When driving, the car steers easier to the right and has a bit more resistance turning left.
Gear changing is notchy with the clutch pedal to the floor (any manual adjustment ?)
I've drive manual/stick for over 30 years but, cannot always achieve a smooth gear change when I start to depress the accelerator pedal. The car jerks/leaps forward slightly. Same if I'm off the gas but in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gear, then press the accelerator pedal, same symptoms. Feels like taking up the slack in the accelerator pedal.
Engine is running and I apply pressure to the brake pedal. I find the point of resistance but, if I push harder, I can slowly push the pedal all the way to the floor.
The car was bought from a Honda dealer with a (supposed) 100+point inspection.
I feel the need for some insight prior to discussing with the dealer.
All help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
roads are built to where ur car should gradually steer itself to the right when u take ur hands off the wheel. next time it rains look to where the water goes - this will answer ur question to why ur car steers to the right.

gear notchiness - is it cold up there? its always hot in florida and ive never experienced this problem.

everything else, dont know what to tell ya.

never buy a used car, even if it's a honda, because u never kno what the previous owner(s) have done to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts