8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Quick question. Will the bumper just bolt on without the lower or upper grills? I'm asking because I want to put the bumper on now, temporarily, until I get my upper and lower grill portions in. The bumper is literally just the 09 bumper cover. I have an 06 Si, and want to do this conversion. Thanks!

i.e. If I have an 06 si, can I buy the following and still be able to hook the bumper up in driveable condition, until I get my FOGS and Grille's and grill mounting pieces in:

1, 04711-SVA-A80ZZ (Bumper)
36, 91505-S9A-003 (Clips To Hold In Lower Grill Also Hold Bumper To Sub Frame) (8ish Needed)

Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also, to those that used rockauto - I noticed I can't find the grille support stays or radiator supports. Did you have to purchase those from Honda directly?

·
Registered
169 Posts
bump! anyone? somewhat urgent!

Quick question. Will the bumper just bolt on without the lower or upper grills? I'm asking because I want to put the bumper on now, temporarily, until I get my upper and lower grill portions in. The bumper is literally just the 09 bumper cover. I have an 06 Si, and want to do this conversion. Thanks!

i.e. If I have an 06 si, can I buy the following and still be able to hook the bumper up in driveable condition, until I get my FOGS and Grille's and grill mounting pieces in:

36, 91505-S9A-003 (Clips To Hold In Lower Grill Also Hold Bumper To Sub Frame) (8ish Needed)

Thanks!
Also, to those that used rockauto - I noticed I can't find the grille support stays or radiator supports. Did you have to purchase those from Honda directly?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I did the opposite to my coupe. I turned my 09 Si coupe into an 08. I never liked the cheap look honeycomb grille. Honda shouldve done the 09-11 coupe grille at least how they did the 09-11 sedan grille.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Thanks!
Checking again if anyone knows!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to confirm the sedan bumpers are interchangeable onto the coupe? I took a picture of the parts list. I was just trying to confirm

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry to barge in on the thread if anyone's looking to trade down into a clean 08 front end i just bought an 08 coupe with 18k original miles so its very clean :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Would anyone know if this grill will fit with JDM 2009-2011 bumpers. I assume it can be done with minor modifications. Has anyone done it?

below is the pic for reference and tnx in advance :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi VibrantCivic1998,

Thanks for the reply but its not an fd2r bumper. We have this local bumpers which we call MMC which is almost similar on the looks. You can notice the portion of the grill have octagon edges similar to usdm grills.

Below is the picture of my car for reference:

I cant find a mesh grill that will fit this bumper so im planning to DIY and mod the grill.

361 - 380 of 395 Posts
About this Discussion
394 Replies
161 Participants
Puddy
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing