8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 360 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tomzautotuning?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nope, just TomTomTuning. It's my form handle/username.

Anyone have any thoughts on my original questions? I'll quote it below...

Are the grille stays truly needed? I thought I read some where in this thread that they were not needed.

71124-SVA-A50 STAY, R. FR. GRILLE
71129-SVA-A50 STAY, L. FR. GRILLE?

And what about the foam absorber, how important is that? 71170-SVA-A50
At $50 bucks, if it's not needed then I'll skip it but not if it's important.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
my 07 si to 09 front end swap
ebay bumper-97$ (fit perfect)
ebay fogs-88$
majestic honda grille & support brackets & bolts- 250$

everything bolted up great. is in paint now.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Ryan its starting to look good!

I started this thread when I did it to my habby red si this color with that from looks damn sexy if I do say so myself glad to c ubought the black shrouds for the fogs now just need a lip

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not meaning to beat a dead horse here guys but I'm in need of a new bumper and i may as well do this swap. I'm so confused on what I need. Please someone help me out what I need to make this an oem feel swap. What can I reuse, and I plan to get fogs off ebay so I don't care about the inserts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not meaning to beat a dead horse here guys but I'm in need of a new bumper and i may as well do this swap. I'm so confused on what I need. Please someone help me out what I need to make this an oem feel swap. What can I reuse, and I plan to get fogs off ebay so I don't care about the inserts.
Read the first post on the first page boss.

·
Registered
40 Posts
got all the parts from ebh a few months back. i am trying to sell the front umper along with oem fogs from the 06 as well as the headlihts.. anbyone interest/know of anyone interested? pm me

·
Registered
52 Posts
So, I want to do this conversion to my 07 Coupe.. but its Galaxy Gray. If the front bumper comes unpainted from Honda, I think I would be better off buying it from a parts warehouse around me, for about 50 bucks. I am just curious to the front lip, I need that piece unpainted? Or am I better off buying aftermarket, since they don't offer Galaxy Gray for 09+

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If the front bumper comes unpainted from Honda, I think I would be better off buying it from a parts warehouse around me, for about 50 bucks.
I believe they come painted. I would be a better option for you to just buy a used OEM one and paint it your color if Honda doesn't offer it painted in the color you want than buying a new aftermarket $50 bumper. The reason I say this if because of fitment. Just because they say it fits doesn't mean it fits like an original Honda part.

I am just curious to the front lip, I need that piece unpainted? Or am I better off buying aftermarket, since they don't offer Galaxy Gray for 09+
Again, if it's not available from Honda in the color you want, a used OEM part painted your color is better than a new aftermarket part painted your color.

I learned the hard way on my EJ8, aftermarket body panels don't always fit perfect like original Honda parts.

341 - 360 of 395 Posts