8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 360 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tomzautotuning?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nope, just TomTomTuning. It's my form handle/username.

Anyone have any thoughts on my original questions? I'll quote it below...

Are the grille stays truly needed? I thought I read some where in this thread that they were not needed.

71124-SVA-A50 STAY, R. FR. GRILLE
71129-SVA-A50 STAY, L. FR. GRILLE?

And what about the foam absorber, how important is that? 71170-SVA-A50
At $50 bucks, if it's not needed then I'll skip it but not if it's important.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
my 07 si to 09 front end swap
ebay bumper-97$ (fit perfect)
ebay fogs-88$
majestic honda grille & support brackets & bolts- 250$

everything bolted up great. is in paint now.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Ryan its starting to look good!

I started this thread when I did it to my habby red si this color with that from looks damn sexy if I do say so myself glad to c ubought the black shrouds for the fogs now just need a lip

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
So my winter project this year was to get rid of the thousands of rock chips on my bumper and hood.. I'm debating just doing this now... Tempting. Maybe ill price it up at work tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not meaning to beat a dead horse here guys but I'm in need of a new bumper and i may as well do this swap. I'm so confused on what I need. Please someone help me out what I need to make this an oem feel swap. What can I reuse, and I plan to get fogs off ebay so I don't care about the inserts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not meaning to beat a dead horse here guys but I'm in need of a new bumper and i may as well do this swap. I'm so confused on what I need. Please someone help me out what I need to make this an oem feel swap. What can I reuse, and I plan to get fogs off ebay so I don't care about the inserts.
Read the first post on the first page boss.

·
Registered
40 Posts
got all the parts from ebh a few months back. i am trying to sell the front umper along with oem fogs from the 06 as well as the headlihts.. anbyone interest/know of anyone interested? pm me

·
Registered
52 Posts
So, I want to do this conversion to my 07 Coupe.. but its Galaxy Gray. If the front bumper comes unpainted from Honda, I think I would be better off buying it from a parts warehouse around me, for about 50 bucks. I am just curious to the front lip, I need that piece unpainted? Or am I better off buying aftermarket, since they don't offer Galaxy Gray for 09+

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If the front bumper comes unpainted from Honda, I think I would be better off buying it from a parts warehouse around me, for about 50 bucks.
I believe they come painted. I would be a better option for you to just buy a used OEM one and paint it your color if Honda doesn't offer it painted in the color you want than buying a new aftermarket $50 bumper. The reason I say this if because of fitment. Just because they say it fits doesn't mean it fits like an original Honda part.

I am just curious to the front lip, I need that piece unpainted? Or am I better off buying aftermarket, since they don't offer Galaxy Gray for 09+
Again, if it's not available from Honda in the color you want, a used OEM part painted your color is better than a new aftermarket part painted your color.

I learned the hard way on my EJ8, aftermarket body panels don't always fit perfect like original Honda parts.

341 - 360 of 395 Posts
About this Discussion
394 Replies
161 Participants
Puddy
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing