8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
12,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic - 541-05-1250
06+ Civic Skunk2 Sport Shock Absorbers

Skunk2 Sport Shocks is our new line of high-performance factory replacement shocks that use many of the same technologies and manufacturing processes as some of our more advanced damper systems. The dual-tube design features a hardened, chromeplated and super finished ground shaft, and precision valving resulting in added durability, reliability, long seal life, and smooth operation. By offering the Sport Shock, Skunk2 is taking an integrated approach to suspension tuning even at the most basic level. Sport Shocks are specially designed to work in conjunction with Skunk2 Lowering Springs and coilovers. Sport Shocks are designed with shorter shock bodies and short strokes so they will perform better and have more travel and be more durable at lowered ride heights. When used with Skunk2 Lowering Springs or Coilovers, Sport Shocks offer exceptional control, handling performance, balance, and comfort at a price that can’t be beat.

Thanks,
Remy

·
Registered
609 Posts
how do u think they would perform on some progress springs?
and omg we finally have some non oem replacement shocks available

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm assuming these will work on Civics of all trim levels? Also, how well would they match up with Eibach Sportlines?

·
Registered
12,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do u think they would perform on some progress springs?
and omg we finally have some non oem replacement shocks available
Perfectly.

btw is that price for 4 sport shocks?
Yes.

I'm assuming these will work on Civics of all trim levels? Also, how well would they match up with Eibach Sportlines?
Correct. They will work really well with just about any spring drop.

^^ good question
tokico makes a set for coupes and a set for sedans....
how come s2 only has 1 set?
Designed to be efficient at either weight.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Hmmm :popcorn: I might try these out. Was thinking about going pro-s but I can't really think of a need to adjust the height of the car at all. I just wanted some good shocks to replace the stock set up.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Will the springs (skunk2) and shocks (skunk2) combo rub with some 225/40/18?... I remember reading that ryryninja said he thought it was going to rub and thats why he stuck with 215... I'd like to get the combo, but I can't find very many people with the Skunk2 Springs.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Will the springs (skunk2) and shocks (skunk2) combo rub with some 225/40/18?... I remember reading that ryryninja said he thought it was going to rub and thats why he stuck with 215... I'd like to get the combo, but I can't find very many people with the Skunk2 Springs.

Thanks
Another reason why I went with 215 was because the wheels i buy have a lower offset. Im sure you could pull off 225 if you had something close to the stock offset.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Another reason why I went with 215 was because the wheels i buy have a lower offset. Im sure you could pull off 225 if you had something close to the stock offset.
Awesome! :thumb:

I believe my rims are 45+ so i should be good :dance:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
So, if I wanted to buy lowering springs to lower my car an inch, I should buy these? They wouldn't blow like the stock shocks would on lowering springs, right?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
I agree if you only want an inch drop. The price would be equivalent to get the HFP suspension as apposed to getting springs and these shocks. All really depends on how low you want it .

1 - 20 of 74 Posts