8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Its for emissions, it will keep exhaust gases form getting recirculated into the intake manifold. I'm 99.9999% sure you will see a CEL with this. My OBD1 hatch threw an EGR code and our cars are much much smarter than that.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If it really fits our EGR system it shouldn't matter. Its in the intake manifold, we use the same IM turbo or not.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't know we recirculated exhaust gas, I could have sworn it was only 1.8L that had exhaust gas recirculation.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
wow. its pretty cheap but what gains if any are we looking at. its only 25 bucks. yeah. tai at corsport is good so i doubt he would sell anything that he did not reccomend.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mmm, ya hes definitely very good. great prices and good service. I want to see how to install it and how beneficial it is. I didn't know we had EGC in the first place.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Honda Tuning said that only the r18 came with the egr valve. Never seen a egr valve on any of the k series, so maybe corsport messed up on their sit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought all cars made in the recent years had an egr valve to reduce emissions in order to reduce excess oxygen. "The exhaust gas also increases the specific heat capacity of the mix lowering the peak combustion temperature."

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
lol, sorry guys didnt see the thread -- the 06si EGR is already blocked off... this is a looks only modification.

Tai

1 - 20 of 26 Posts