8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my honda civic si which ive only owned for less than 2 months has recently started giving me some problems. So here it is the problem sounds kinda like an exaust leak but only happens in 4th 5th and 6th gear when at certain rpms and it doesnt happen when i put car on jackstands and run the car threw the gears also it doesnt happen when on neautral revving the engine and i know this is not an exaust leak because ive replaced everything header back trying to fix the issue ive also removed all the heat shields thinking that might have been it but its not so im at a loss also recently when backing up then going forward the passenger wheel seems to shake i replaced cv axle trying to fix that but still does it any help on these issies would be appreciated

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm thinking engine mounts, have you looked them over yet? Possibly engage your park brake, put it in gear, and feather your clutch at different rpms while someone watches to see if the engine is moving a lot. Obviously you should also do a visual as well as using a pry bar to manually push on stuff. The put it in gear method has always worked best for me, make sure your friend doesn't stand in front of the car though

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh, I should have said also to push your exhaust around while it's running. Your engine could be rocking back and openning up a hole in your exhaust

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Misterbek thank you alot for your response I've been going at it with this car ever since I bought it pretty much. I've replaced the clutch passenger side cv joint exhaust and yesterday I finally decided to pull the driver side motor mount off after I had tried all the test to test for broken motor mounts and none really showed any signs of a bad motor mount but when I pulled the motor mount off I took the metal washer off the one under the nut the draws the transmission up threw the mount and I wiggled the rubber around and with hardly any effort the hole thing pulled apart so I'm thinking your right that this is gonna be the problem I've ordered one and will put it on as soon as it arrives and update this thread in car any one else has the same issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts