8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

501 - 520 of 550 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just took off my ETD. But I'm having a problem with getting the 3rd screw in all the way. Not the two screws that hold the dog bone in, but the 3rd screw that's closest to the pulley. It will screw in about half way and that's it. Any ideas on how to get it in all the way?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can anybody really tell me what the pros and cons of the Stiffy are... I do some in town driving but also like the 1/4 mile to. I dont plan on auto crossing my car. Any help with this would be great.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I bought a used stiffy to put on my car that is missing parts (spacers and bolts). I am going to head over to the parts store and pick up a few parts. If anyone is missing parts hold tight i will get a list shortly.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Installed my 'stiffy' about two months ago. I did my first post-stiffy launch about a week ago and heard some popping/knocking noise which I had never heard before. I was wondering if it was just some bolts settling in, but I'm not sure. I just did another 5k launch and heard the same disturbing popping/knocking noise again. It sounds like its coming from under the hood. What could it be?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just bought a USED ingalls etd... seller on here said he only used it for 5,000miles but it looks pretty beat up, found out he bought it used from someone else, so i have no idea what the actual mileage is. But i got it installed and have a couple questions.

Should the AC Hose not be touching anything at all?? As you can see in the picture, it clears the middle "dampener" itself, but the bottom of the hose is resting on the lower portion where the bolt/nut is holding the dampener in place. I'm not sure if it will cause any rubbing on the hose yet as i just installed it tonight. But i've read lots of stories from people about not being able to get the AC hose to clear. Am i okay???

Also, Ive only taken the car down the street and back, but i noticed an almost whine-ing noise coming from the engine post-install. It's very faint at times, but seems to increase with rpms. At idle i had my friend pull the AC hose completely away from the dampener so it wasn't touching, but i could still hear the faint whine noise. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
As an aside..

I was getting a lot of metal chatter with mine upon slow starts.. And it seemed to correlate to some play in the shifting.. Don't know if it was installed wrong or what (I didn't do it)..

So I went over to Lowe's and got all new bolts and nuts.. I got longer bolts though than the ones that came with it.. I also got a pack of rubber washers.. I put them on any part of the TD that's metal on metal.. It seemed to line it up a little better, and it eliminated all chatter.. It's now been a week and she's still nice and tight..

If anyone is having any chatter, that'll fix it up.. I can post a pic if anyone is interested..

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there any way you could put measurments on the picture of the parts all together? i like to customize my own stuff and this would help me use the shock i already have. it didnt come with the brackets, just the shock. please let me know, thanx, DK.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone come across and issue where the bottom bracket cracked? I had this issue happen to me this past weekend where the bottom bracket, where the L or bend is, cracked right up the seem. I have tried to contact ingalls directly to see if I could purchase a replacement part from them as I do not want to buy the entire set, but have not heard back from anyone. Would anyone have any suggestions for me or know a number I could call them directly at? My last option is to take the piece off and have a friend weld it back for me; do you think that would be an option or risk it breaking again?

501 - 520 of 550 Posts