1 long screw with washer
1 thick bolt
3 black nuts
2 gold bolts
1 short gold bolt
2 mounting brackets
3 washers
1 torque dampener

Here are the tools i used (i used my Maketa impact for personal preferences you do not need this for install)

Here is where you'll be working and now we'll start

Start by removing the "Dog Bone" remove the large bolt on the body mount

Now remove the 2 remaining bolt on the other end of the dog bone

Here’s what you come out with don’t lose these!!

Now start to remove the dog bone it's not hard to get out just pull straight forward then up and out

Here is the dog bone removed

Here is how the dog bone should be reinstalled

Now at this point we'll get a small part of the install out of the way and that’s the lifting of the low side ac line to make room for the dampener

start by removing the 10mm bolt holding the bracket, after it is removed you will never need it again because we are going to replace it with a new longer one

Now start by placing the supplied spacer between the body mount and bracket and thread in the new longer screw in to 15ft/lbs it doesn't have to be exact just snug it down

Now at this point were gonna put the bracket on
Start by placing one of the supplied spacers on the body mount and place the bracket with the Ingalls logo on top

Now with the brackets placed were gonna reinforce it with the other supplied hardware

Now insert the short gold bolt into the hole on the bracket through the body mount and take the washer and nut and thread it in only a few threads

Now before tightening anything make sure the bracket is on straight and parallel with the engine if the bracket is not the dampener will not sit flush with the bracket and this is the way for a better fit
here is what I’m talking about there is a threaded adjustable nut were the long dog bone bolt threads into, it will move up and down it's track for a proper fit i found it best to tread the bolt in for a test fit and have it moved all the way up towards the rear of the car for the best fit

Now once your fit is right and true remove the large bolt and tighten down the gold nut with you 15mm open end wrench and 17mm socket and ratchet

Now reinstall the dog bone making sure it goes on the right way

Now remove this bolt down on the engine mount, this is another bolt that is not used for reinstallation

Now with the bolt removed were going to place the last spacer on the mount were the bolt went

Now using the last bracket place it on top of the mount making sure not to knock the spacer of its ridge

After this insert this supplied bolt into the spacer hole and thread in

Now thread the remaining two dog bone bolts back in..Almost done!!

now at this point the damper can be adjusted for stiffness and put on, i have mine set at the highest point possible, this is how the bolt, washer and o-ring gone on

Now the dampener goes on,

the short end should face towards the front like this

There it is all done see how nice and straight :thumb:

And this is what should be left if it not then that’s bad:pat: go back and retrace these steps, or if you need help message me I’ll be glad to help

now go out and test your wonderful new mod
keeping strict attention to traffic laws
and to keep your lead foot and ego at the track

have fun :vtec:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Excellent DIY write-up! You've convinced me to go ahead and buy one of these. Perhaps it should be moved to the DIY section & stickied.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Very helpfull, great writeup. I installed one of these a week or so ago and what a difference. Imaginary rep for you my friend. :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i got my damper at corsport the only place i'll buy for my 07 civic si taffy white, free shipping and awesome service by their staff, i highly recommend getting this mod the acceleration i feel coming out of a corner - great i love it and so will you:dancingcoolsmiley:

if anyone can get this to the engine DIY forum and sticky it or knows how that would be great

·
Registered
818 Posts
i got my damper at corsport the only place i'll buy for my 07 civic si taffy white, free shipping and awesome service by their staff, i highly recommend getting this mod the acceleration i feel coming out of a corner - great i love it and so will you:dancingcoolsmiley:

if anyone can get this to the engine DIY forum and sticky it or knows how that would be great
PM a moderator or Webby.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
one of the best DIY I've seen. great job!

I'm just curious as to why ingalls chose to anodized the adjustable portion of the stiffy with a gold color. Yours looks like mine....it got all scraped up by the adjusable wrench during the install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one of the best DIY I've seen. great job!

I'm just curious as to why ingalls chose to anodized the adjustable portion of the stiffy with a gold color. Yours looks like mine....it got all scraped up by the adjusable wrench during the install.
i know i kind of scratched mine up a little bit trying to adjust it too the trick is to own a set of thin open end wrenches i think 22mm and 19mm im not sure i used a fat adjustable wrench

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is this notched out for pulleys? I heard a rumor they had made that modification.

Thanks.
only if you have an aftermarket pulley kit do you need to modify the mounting bracket for clearance of the new pulleys that you want installed other then that the kit is a straight bolt on

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea I have the NST pulley kit. I heard they had modified the design to allow the extra room. I don't want to buy this and modify it myself in case there are any problems with it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
bump.

does anyone know if this has been changed to allow the extra clearance for aftermarket pulleys?
Yes it has been. If you look closely at the bracket nearest the pulley in one of the pictures you can see it has been shaved. i got my "stiffy" two weeks ago. It had a shaved bracket which accomodates all aftermarket pulley sets.

1 - 20 of 550 Posts