8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help and advise on what to look for or what to do next.

turned on car in the morning noticed the power steering light on the dash is on. Then felt the steering wheel and for sure my power steering is out. This being electronic i went through the possibilities of what the problem is. so far i have checked the main fuse under the hood 100/70 and that looks good, next was from what i researched next thing is to check the power steering module located under the kick panel passenger side under the glove box near the door. theres no way for me to check if this went bad so i went ahead and purchased a replacement off ebay that was certified to be working.

Part came in replaced module but didnt mount it to the side of the car . saw a ground wire that was already mounted and attached to one of the 4 plugs that go in the module so i figured i just plug it up and see if the light goes off.

Still nothing...:facepalm: , the light still came on and still no power steering. I was advised from a friend to go ahead and try and turn the wheel all the way left and then all the way right to see if the light goes off. Still nothing.

What would be my next step or course of action????

Background of my si: 156k miles, greddy turbo still going strong!!
replaced front end steering and suspension parts within 2 years ( ball joints, shocks/struts, inner tie rods, outer tie rods pending. <---- maybe this??

any help fellow 8th geners would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also would flashpro diag throw a code of the problem???? just thought about this

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update on issues. spoke with honda person about issue im having. no codes would be shown cause its not affecting the engine of the car it runs. Found out that the power steering motor is more than likly the problem. running honda scan tool from dealership later on to confirm it and will order a motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
1 Participant
Goya
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing