8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 civicsi is leaking coolant from engine block. Various Honda dealers refuse to fix it under bulletin 10-048 because SI's are not included. But my personal mechanic (who worked for Honda) told me the leak is in the same spot of the regular civics. I know there are differents engines. Has anyone this situation?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My brother just had this situation occur in his 09 civic Si. It's the exact same issue as in the base model civics but since it's the Si they won't help out at all.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
This is the first time I hear of the block leak on an Si. Do you have any pictures to show where the leak is coming from on the block?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My brother just had this situation occur in his 09 civic Si. It's the exact same issue as in the base model civics but since it's the Si they won't help out at all.
Have he tried to comunicate with American Honda? Thats my machanics advise but I have not been able to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are you sure it's not the water pump? Because it's on block rite under ac compressor side, I would make sure before making any decision.
How many miles on the motor? May be your due for water pump since it 06.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you sure it's not the water pump? Because it's on block rite under ac compressor side, I would make sure before making any decision.
How many miles on the motor? May be your due for water pump since it 06.
I had the thermostat and its base replaced. Then kept loosing coolant. After that mechanic saw block leaking and showed to me. I saw it then but not any more. Keep loosing coolant. Garaged the car. Brainstorming. Frustating. Trying to contact American Honda.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the thermostat and its base replaced. Then kept loosing coolant. After that mechanic saw block leaking and showed to me. I saw it then but not any more. Keep loosing coolant. Garaged the car. Brainstorming. Frustating. Trying to contact American Honda.
That sucks man, I had issues with mine loosing coolant and it ended up being a bad waterpump that turned into a blown head gasket. My pump was leaking from the weep hole and down the front of the engine, I had coolant puddles in all kinds of places.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That sucks man, I had issues with mine loosing coolant and it ended up being a bad waterpump that turned into a blown head gasket. My pump was leaking from the weep hole and down the front of the engine, I had coolant puddles in all kinds of places.[URL=http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx280/buentellomma/Mobile%20Uploads/20160111_141214_zpsw8aev4fo.jpg]image
[/URL]
was it dripping down the front of the oil pan?

This is where mine is leaking from I think.

How did it turn into a head gasket?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Having the exact same issue. Coolant looks to be dripping down from the front of the oil pan. Its wet on the back side too though. By thr drain bolt.Can somebody tell me if this is definitely a cracked block? Holding out on hope that it's just the water pump

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have he tried to comunicate with American Honda? Thats my machanics advise but I have not been able to.
Yes. My Dad did basically everything he could. We have 5 Hondas in our family too, so we tried to use that as a bargaining tool. Funny enough, only a couple months before this a part of the clutch failed and caused a repair that was $1550. I don't remember exactly what part of it it was that failed, but it was a part that shouldn't have failed as it wasn't involved in normal clutch wear. Couple months later the block cracks. Honda claims they can't do anything. My dad told them everything that happens, has documentation and everything. Clutch issue and block replacement totaled over $6000. They offered $250 Honda credit and that was all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone else have coolant in their head but not block? Bought a 2008 si with 118k on it. 13k miles now with 3 oil changes. I have a coolant leak and no visible indication of where it's going. I changed the head gasket, new skunk 2 rad, new rad cap, new thermostat, water pump was good so I left it.... still have to refill coolant tank every 250 miles. Oil on dip stick is always clean and fresh.... I do however get what looks like froth oil on the under side of oil cap. Bought this for 7500, and have now put 6000 into repairs. This is my last shot at fixing this before junking. Please help

1 - 20 of 20 Posts