8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Read through the thread and couldn't find any info on this. The Skunk2 springs, are there two different kind, one lowers 1.5"/1.4" and I see other info saying they lower 2.25/2"

Anyone know which is which? I scored a set with matching Skunk2 shocks and I'm holding off to install since I see the specs on these are much softer than stock?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on spring rate recommendations when stancing out a '07 civic sedan si? preferably Buddy N+ coils spring rates or BC coils spring rates. Much appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, I skimmed through this thread, but couldn't really find the answer as to what springs I should go with. It seems like with Neuspeed and Progress not making springs for our cars anymore, the majority of the lowering springs out there are pretty much the same.

Reason for wanting lowering springs: I'm getting Koni Sports to replace the blown OEM shocks. I want reduced body roll for autocross and open track days. But my Si is my DD, so I don't want the harshness of coilovers and don't need height adjustment.

If the numbers on the first page are still accurate, the differences between loaded spring rates across brands is negligible. So...what's a good spring to give around a 1.5" drop, improve handling on track, yet still be comfortable(ish) on the street? Does it really matter what brand I go with seeing how they all are so similar?

221 - 227 of 227 Posts