8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just curious because HFP suspension is physically shorter - adding lowering springs will double the lower? and is this not recommended (I am aware using stock struts won't last long on springs)

thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im looking at the h&r sport spring or the eibach sportlines. Anyone have any imput on which one is stiffer. I hear they are both good, not to bouncy and the both drop about 1.5". How much stiffer are they over stock? And out of the two which one is stiffer?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im looking at the h&r sport spring or the eibach sportlines. Anyone have any imput on which one is stiffer. I hear they are both good, not to bouncy and the both drop about 1.5". How much stiffer are they over stock? And out of the two which one is stiffer?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I may be mistaken but they are both progressive springs. I am not sure if you can determine a set spring rate. Unless you account for how stiff it can become..?

I believe stock is 200/230? I can't imagine they would be more than an 30% increase

·
Registered
11 Posts
8th Gen Civic Spring Size

Hi, I have the Australian Delivered 8th Civic (FD2)
Lowered on HKS HiperMax Coilovers.

Just wondering if anyone knows the Spring size for the Coilovers in the 8th Gen.

The springs in at the moment and far too soft for my set up and the path im going for. And because they are Japanese, The roads here are Horrible compared to the road in Japan so the car scrapes going over nothing. Not because its low but because the springs are too soft and the car doesnt go over bumps, it goes through it.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys ? About springs

Does anybody know what size and height springs are on my stock 2010 honda civic ls 2dr coupe. Bc I wanna lower it a lil to my tires but idk what to get.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm debating between the HFP kit or Eibach pro kit/Swift Springs. The Eibach's are the cheapest and I only have 12k miles on the car so plenty of life in the stock struts and shocks.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts