8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am going to be getting a SI and been doing my research i read on here the 0-60 times are going to be mid to upper 6's but reading a article today at "TheCarConnection.Com" They Stated the following...Though it's only got 139 lb-ft of torque it launches swiftly, thanks to six well-spaced gears. Honda says the performance numbers are 60 mph in 7.5 seconds, from a car that also gets 31 mpg on the highway.
:confused: 7.5 seconds?:confused: isnt that kinda slow didnt the Ex's use to do 8 seconds? or am i wrong...i thought maybe someone out there can give me some type of good news telling me the Si is going to be faster then they make it seem?
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've heard that Honda is very conservative with such numbers. Most of the mags I've read think it will do under 7 seconds quite easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dunno if it is a good site i just did a search on google.com and that came up i mean i been hearing from people on the site it would do around 6.9 and the website says 7.5 not a big difference so there is a chance that is right, I am getting it either way but i was debating between a SI and a Cobalt SS and a Cobalt does a mid 6 and i was hoping the civic was close to it....got some competation when i get my civic on the road....:)
Rob-

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe the 7.5 is indeed what Honda stated. I think this was mentioned in car and driver as well. I would expect this to be false, I think Honda may be playing marketing games with this car. TOV (vtec.net) dynoed the Si at 200+ HP at the hubs, which is higher than the last RSX type S the tested in the same manner. Expect the Si to perform better than Honda lets on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you think honda is just saying it does 7.5's and it might actually do better once you get your hands on it? You said it was dynoed at 200+ that is crazy since honda is going around saying 197hp....Guess they are playing mind games so people think it is one thing and get something even better they will always want hondas ? I dunno but im praying that when i get it....i will have like a 6.2 0-60 or better and maybe 205 hp...
Rob:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
If its 7.5 then an EX would be 10.5 for the same driver. I seen it do under 8 seconds on TOV.NET and it the tires slipped all the way to 60.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like performance got worse from my point of view my Ex coupe auto does 0-60 in like 8 and change...i believe if not low 9's and now the the si is only 1.5 secs faster and a ex is slower
im so confused...
Rob-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why are you so concerned about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? Unless you plan to do some serious drag strip racing it's kinda pointless, and it's pretty useless until you actually drive the car and do a direct comparison for real world driving. It's not like you race from stoplight to stoplight everywhere you go...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree with eluwak

the reason it's a tad slower is because you can't hit 60 in 2nd gear like you can on the 5 speed regular civics.

But big deal... so what, it's going to smoke everything else in autocross unless it gets stuck in a bad class.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason i want to know is cause i race my car alot...and i have alot of competition that have recently got new cars...So i just want to know for my own concerns and know what type of money i need to put into the car to make it competible....Im sorry for wanting to take all the civic SI has to offer :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
this is stupid. why would u believe that 7.5 was even close to the 60 times. use ur brians!! look up the 0-60 for the RSX type S and the Si should be nearly identical if not a little faster. They have the same engines (K20A2) and 6speeds but the Si has a LSD so it might be a little faster. plus it might be lighter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kyle23 said:
this is stupid. why would u believe that 7.5 was even close to the 60 times. use ur brians!! look up the 0-60 for the RSX type S and the Si should be nearly identical if not a little faster. They have the same engines (K20A2) and 6speeds but the Si has a LSD so it might be a little faster. plus it might be lighter
K20Z3

·
Registered
106 Posts
theill04civic said:
The reason i want to know is cause i race my car alot...and i have alot of competition that have recently got new cars...So i just want to know for my own concerns and know what type of money i need to put into the car to make it competible....Im sorry for wanting to take all the civic SI has to offer :(
Uh... what course in the world does 0-60 matter? I don't think you understand, the car is quick but the shift makes the time a tiny bit slower. By the time you have shifted and are going 60 or 65, the car you are 'racing' has to shift to 3rd and you make up the time.

Learn to drive and join an autocross club. Or take your car to a 1/4 mile track and race against your own times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
first off im not confused the reason i am asking is cause every other car site says something different bout the car...Alot of my friends have srt-4's and stupid hooked up cars..i just wanted to know how the compared on stock specs...But when one place says the civic will do 7.5 and another will say 6.4 and another say 6.7 i tend to ask questions. This webstie is dedicated to the 8thgencivic so wouldnt this be the place to ask questions.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No need to resort to namecalling... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
theill04civic said:
first off im not confused the reason i am asking is cause every other car site says something different bout the car...Alot of my friends have srt-4's and stupid hooked up cars..i just wanted to know how the compared on stock specs...But when one place says the civic will do 7.5 and another will say 6.4 and another say 6.7 i tend to ask questions. This webstie is dedicated to the 8thgencivic so wouldnt this be the place to ask questions.

Yea but the Si isnt out yet... So until someone gets one and does an actual test we can only speculate.

·
Registered
106 Posts
you edited my post to take out the part where I called him a street racer?

That's 'name calling'?

I think I was obviously pretty accurate, is this the kind of censorship I can expect here?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts