8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I waited for a while now and I am planning of going into the same dealership where i got my 05 civic coupe to get myself a 06 civic sedan. I test drove the coupe and liked the performance (which was much better than mine, which had been thru a nasty fender bender).

I have a few questions though:
1. What Trim is it that you have, if you have the 06 Civic? DX, LX, EX or EX w/ navi?
2. What do you not like about the car?
3. Those who have it, were you able to bargain with the dealership?
I went to a Honda dealership, no the same place where i got mine from to get my friend a 06 Accord, and they said that they won't lower the price for the 06 Civic EX.

with this question, i wanna know if you got the car through the internet department. I heard you get better incentives this way.

4. Is the car worth the money?

Thanks Guys! :rockwoot:

Hopefully, i will have a Civic EX by the end of this week :driving:.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would surely try the internet dept. Go online and build your car on from the honda website. Put in your zip and put a request in to all dealerships with in a 25 or 50 mile radius. Basically, however far you're willing to drive to go pick it up.

Usually you will get an email quote back pretty quick from the dealerships, or possibly a phone call. Compile your data and hopefully you get a nice quote. If you get a higher quote from the dealer you would LIKE to buy from, take them your other quotes and compare. They won't lose a sale over a few hundred bucks or whatever. They should match or beat the price from the other quote. If they don't, get up and act like you are going to the other dealership. If they don't stop you from leaving - leave. Go to another dealership and pay the better price. They don't deserve your money.

I've worked in car sales before, and have purchased enough cars to know the process. Getting up from your seat is one of the best ways to get action. People in car sales know that if you walk out the door - over 90% of the time - you won't walk back in = loss of a sale. Always be ready to walk - best advice I can give ya.

Come in with your quotes - and have a printout with you that lists invoice price from yahoo. http://autos.yahoo.com or edmunds.com - print it out. Always work up, not down.

·
Registered
166 Posts
^^^ GOOD AdVICE!!! :thumb:
My car is an EX The only extras on the car were a trunk liner mud flaps....oh! and of course the obligatory $199 pinstripes!!!! :eek:mg:
I never pay for those! I guess I paid MSRP they only had 4;- 2 EX 1 LX 1 DX w/air.
1EX mad navigation but I knew I would not be able to afford that one so I tried and got the EX w/auto in Galaxy Grey(love this color!)
I'll post pics when I can.
the only trouble anyone is going to have for a while is you can't be too fussy on specs etc. there are just not too many of these beauties to be had yet! O r you could just be patient not like me I was just lucky :thumb:
I really hope you do get this car soon, the fit and finish are awesome,just the "clunk" of the door is truly luxary car goodness!

·
Registered
106 Posts
davydany said:
I
1. What Trim is it that you have, if you have the 06 Civic? DX, LX, EX or EX w/ navi?
2. What do you not like about the car?
3. Those who have it, were you able to bargain with the dealership?
4. Is the car worth the money?
1. I have an LX Sedan, no additional options. I don't need or want the EX extras for that price.
2. Absolutely nothing. Everything about this car is fabulous, I'm pretty easy going though, and not super picky like some people who would complain that there isn't a sunglass holder.
3. I wasn't able to bargain a whole lot. I got it 2 days after they went on sale and they were flying off the lot. I ended up getting it for 300 below MSRP and they came up a couple hundred on my trade to meet my 'target'.
4. This car, with the safety features is a bargain compared to any other car in the same class. Not too many people are as concerned with safety as I am though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
06EX Owner said:
^^^ GOOD AdVICE!!! :thumb:
My car is an EX The only extras on the car were a trunk liner mud flaps....oh! and of course the obligatory $199 pinstripes!!!! :eek:mg:
Oh god the pin stripes :(

That just KILLS a car. The problem is that some joker with a paint brush has a buddy that ownes a dealerhip and they work out a deal on pin stripes and start ruining all the cars and charging customers hundreds of dollars for $5 in paint.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
iwu said:
Oh god the pin stripes :(

That just KILLS a car. The problem is that some joker with a paint brush has a buddy that ownes a dealerhip and they work out a deal on pin stripes and start ruining all the cars and charging customers hundreds of dollars for $5 in paint.

I had mine done by SID. :thumb: Besides working on my car he's worked on the Presidents' cars, the Queen's cars, etc.. so I guess you could say he's REALLY good at what he does!! :thumb:

I'll post a pic of mine. I had him paint "Sid did it for Rocky" in between the two pinstripes. :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If any of yall decides to buy an 06, I'd recommend to try Carsdirect.com. They were great when I bought my 04 and it came out to be 16K out the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts