8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through a few forums and seeing what people have done with their Civic's, I decided to have a go.

Frontend software is all custom coded in VB.NET ( But who really cares about that here you guys want to see the car :p )

Most of the wiring is done, waiting for the Metra wire harness to arrive before wiring the speakers and I'm going to be building the computer case today or tomorrow using MDF for now eventually probably fiberglassing it all.

You can view all the current pictures here.

In this picture the buttons weren't fully sanded out. I still have to do a little more sanding then bondo it a little more. The dash is fiberglassed and then bondo'd over top.

The parts for the computer I'm going to be using. The power supply is going to be a 320W OPUS DC-DC PSU run right to the 4 gauge.

For Sirius :D

Hardwired my Radar.

The USB hub, going to put this in the little coin holder or whatever you call it below the shifter, you can see the front of my brother's car in this picture who has been helping me out a lot with the project.

Right now the cables are secure and taped. SVGA and two USB cable extensions, one for the hub one for the Lilliput.

Hopefully my harness comes today or early next week, that's the only thing stopping me from putting it all in right now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome :) Ran the power cable last night, using 4 gauge cable from the hood, through the firewall, into the console, and down opposite the USB cables. I'll get some pics of that today.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I'll resize the pics next time :p Anyways its a 7" touchscreen LCD. Waiting for the stupid Metra harness to arrive so I can get it all installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts