8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 civic did a motor swap motor is strong but dies about 10-15 seconds after starting and will stay started if I force gas... I’ve gutted the cats got a new universal O2 (throwing code 0135 still), new spark plugs, new gas, rewired in a new knock sensor... could it be crankshaft or cam sensor??? I don’t know what else to do!!!! Oil is smelling like gas even though I just did an oil change...

·
Registered
5 Posts
06 civic did a motor swap motor is strong but dies about 10-15 seconds after starting and will stay started if I force gas... I’ve gutted the cats got a new universal O2 (throwing code 0135 still), new spark plugs, new gas, rewired in a new knock sensor... could it be crankshaft or cam sensor??? I don’t know what else to do!!!! Oil is smelling like gas even though I just did an oil change...
Sounds like it's running super rich which would contaminate the engine oil, especially if the motor isn't in great shape. How does the exhaust smell? I'm guessing that you either have the oxygen sensor wired up wrong or it doesn't work right with your civic. Never really heard good things about those universal ones. There's a reason it wasn't $140 like the original one. And I wouldn't use a cheap ebay one either. Just use the OEM one if you still have it. Don't think your crank or camshaft sensors are bad or it probably wouldn't start in the first place. Make sure everything is right with your intake, intake manifold, vacuum hoses, MAF, throttle body, etc. That would be my first guesses, especially the MAF and any leaks around there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Vacuum leak is the very first thing that jumps out to me when I started reading this. Definitely running super rich. Like the computer is compensatin for something. Try starting it and spraying starting fluid around vacuum lines, intake manifold, ect. If the idle rises you found it. No other codes except the p0135?
P0135 is the 02 sensor heater if I remember right. That would have nothing to do with it running like this. But if you have a new 02 sensor and still have that code, that makes me lean towards probable wiring issues aswell. Maybe part of the harness got crushed and shorted during the swap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts