8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I’m hoping somebody could help me out. I have a stock 2006 Honda Civic Ex. In December I was driving home from work and my cars electrical system failed and I had to pull off to the side of the road. When I went to go open my hood I noticed a nice orange glow coming from under the hood. I immediately called the first department and the put out the minor fire. Fast forward about three days my mechanic calls me and tells me it looks like the fire originated in my ABS pump. At that time he told me the car wasn’t worth fixing as it is up there in the miles. My mother needs a car and the civic has been sitting in my drive way for months. My mechanic said he could replace the ABS pump and the engine wiring harness but he doesn’t know if this will fix the problem completely. Anybody have any advice for this? I’m desperate at this point.

·
Registered
991 Posts
That's a first one i've heard, and I have the exact model and year as yours and never had an ABS problem. I'm not sure if the ABS pump is prone to catch fire but good luck with the repair.

If the mechanic tells you that he can bypass the ABS pump (if it's possible) to avoid replacing it, I would probably not go ahead and do that plan because the ABS system works great on the Civic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts