8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a Lexus dealer and the onwer of the dealer also owns a Porsche dealer. I was working on a car and a porsche came into the runway and turns out he had a screw in his tire and wanted it looked at...I end up getting the car to look at and when I put it on the lift and look at the rear tires they are bald...it only had 12650 mils on it... I pulled the screw out and it was ok no leak but to my suprise i found 2 more screws in the tire and bot were leaking..
I also found one in the other tire...The owner comes out and I had to explain to him he needed tires...$730 in tires they were some fancy Michelin Pilot tires
and he needed 2 for the rear...crazy expensive..So the owner agree's to the tires. My shop had to get them from a local tire warehouse so I had the car in my bay for al least 3 hrs and had to use anouther bay...to make a long story short the tires came and when i was taking the tires off i happend to take hold of the bare rim...I could hold it with my pinky finger that's how light they were...crazy light...I mounted both tires they took very little weight to balance 20 grams on one and 10 grams on the other..and both had 1 pound of road force...an almost perfect tire..(better be for $330 a piece)...
So I got to drive the car it was a six speed manual....I babied it out on the road because the road is a little slippery from all the rain we have had the past few days....I finally get to a straight away and let it have it wow not bad for a non turbo but the interior had more rattles than a conastoga wagon going over a bumpy road...(what a shock for a 96k car) Oh well I guess if you want quiet you have to buy a Lexus and save about 30k doing so...lol
LOng story short when I drive a ferrari I let you all know..lol! Oh and i still love my SI not nearly as hard to drive...lol :vtec:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
are his michelin pilots any different from the SIs, except for size which is obvios. Do they also suck ass is what i am getting at

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
LOL, yea man. All the 996 Carrera's rattle like a moer' fu***. The old black dash and the materials they used were really unacceptable for a $100,000 car. The new 997's are really light years above the 2005 and before in terms of interior quality. Did you notice it was very similar in powerdelivery to your Si? They screammm up top. Very very linear power band and there is plenty all the way to redline.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TommyD said:
You let it have it? Remind me not to let my Porsche out of my sight if I ever buy one ;)
ooookkkkkeeeeeedooooookkkkkeeee:thumb:

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
07BlakBlak said:
LOL, yea man. All the 996 Carrera's rattle like a moer' fu***. The old black dash and the materials they used were really unacceptable for a $100,000 car. The new 997's are really light years above the 2005 and before in terms of interior quality. Did you notice it was very similar in powerdelivery to your Si? They screammm up top. Very very linear power band and there is plenty all the way to redline.
yeah similer power band lot more power though....:vtec:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts