8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 04' EP3 Hatch... Dealership is firm @ $7,500. Has 93k miles, needs a lot of work done to it though. I guess the kid that had it before didnt take good care of the inside. Has Exhaust done, Strut Bar, Injen Cold Air Intake, Seibon Carbon fiber wing and hood (but its cracking big time). Im thinking project car but Im also thinking... not fast and too much! Whats your input? Buy or pass...

·
Registered
947 Posts
ya if your going to do a project car man go for something cheaper around like 1-2k Dont spend that much. Let that be some one else problem lol. In the end those project cars add up. My hatch was $500 an i had 7k to put into it an i still didnt have enough. So dont go spending that much on a car that has probably been to hell and back

·
Registered
478 Posts
I say pass as well - I have an 03 EP3 as a DD and I paid $6500.00 for it and it had 88,000 miles and was bone stock. I bought to replace my DD single cam EK and haven't regretted it yet, great car that drives well, has fantastic seats and the shifter is fun.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what about an s2k as a project car? or are the parts rare now that its not in production anymore? I know it would be even more pricey but God sakes... its an S2K! haha

·
Registered
947 Posts
an expensive as hell man lol. Project cars are normally cheap cars you build up not expensive cars you spend more money on. I mean if you have the income to afford it then go for it man but if you dont then i wouldnt advice it

·
Registered
947 Posts
lol wont be supa fast but u'll be quick. An honestly the amount u pay for an s2k plus mods to make it fast. You could have bought a hatch k swapped an boosted an u will rape s2k's all day long

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
lol wont be supa fast but u'll be quick. An honestly the amount u pay for an s2k plus mods to make it fast. You could have bought a hatch k swapped an boosted an u will rape s2k's all day long
ok sorry! :sadface:

"get off my back father! i wish you were dead to! even though Able isnt dead"...:nerd: from my fav movie

·
Registered
451 Posts
i agree with snaily, pass on the ep3, s2k parts are expensive. i have a ek hatch project going, well worth it. my bro in law owns a junkyard and is on the look out for a j35a8 and im gonna do a swap with that.

·
Registered
947 Posts
ok sorry! :sadface:

"get off my back father! i wish you were dead to! even though Able isnt dead"...:nerd: from my fav movie
haha

But to the OP im not trying to crush your dreams or nothing haha just trying to save you a lot of time an pain. If you really want a project that bad man go buy a cheap car either eg, ek, teg so on. anything old doesnt cost a lot but looks decent. If you want power then go for an eg very light, if you wanna go for power an looks i say teg with jdm front. Idk if you have ever done a project if you have then i guess ignore this if not. Just remember every time you think your done your not. every time you think you have every part you have forgot something lol. it adds up real quick. I have yet to FULLY add up my eg race car build but its estimated around 16k maybe more. Just remember when you start your project it will never be finished lol. but like i stated before if you have the income go for it man. If not i would go threw an check everything carefully.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
93K miles for that much. LOL! I'll sell you mine with 80K miles for $8K

hahaha! Stock, no need to redo what he screwed up on. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts