8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
to the op...after all day consideration,
I'm starting to think this is to good to be true... I would take it to an expert to make sure everything is up and up...

K24/K20s frankenstein Ep3 for $6k...I bet the suspension is f'd up from the accident, is it a standard or salvage title...

K-Frankenstein hatches of the EG (92-95) variety are going for $8k and that shell is 10 years older than what you got...

something's wrong..
I thought the same thing...but is possible that the dealer simply did not know what they had

· Registered
107 Posts
lol that is not a $25k car...because it may be worth more to the tuner community does not make the car expensive. Look at the KBB on that car. Is is a rebuilt title, I dont know, but that could be another tell tale sign of less worth. Not to mention, mods. When you mod a car is loses value, it does not gain it. Even if there are $10k in mods, that does not equate to a $10k increase in value. More then likely it is rebuilt with a swap. Not worth as much as you think. And if the dealer had no idea what they had they could easily have let it go for that price.

· Registered
107 Posts
Maury, you should check out clubrsx.com or k20a.org. Both have many threads dealing with K20/24 franks. There are also many, many threads on K-Pro with a ton of K-Pro gurus to answer your questions. Club RSX has a great regional forum with a lot of local guys in your area that can answer your questions as well.
Not taking anything away from 8thcivic...but since K-Pro is not available for the K20Z3 as of yet you might find more help elsewhere.

· Registered
107 Posts
u must have mistaken me for a n00b...

i know K-Pro is Hondata :pat:

u also misunderstood what i said...what i meant was those cars already have set tunes from Hondata that u can put on the ECU, hence y i said "easy to tune" b/c all u have to do is send it to an authorized dealer and have them put the map on there...

ohh and they can also add a VAFC to this car to tune it even more...
I didnt mistake you for one...you sound like one.

Hondata does not have an endless list of reflashes available. Show me where there is such a reflash or as you call it a "set tune" for a k20/24 frank. Here is the reflash page for the K series:
K-Series Reflash
I dont see any there at all for franks of any kind, probably because there are just too many combos out there to R&D for retail.

VAFC is very limited in it's capabilities (you can't adjust cam angles, etc). K-Pro is a fully programmable ECU which can do far more than VAFC. You can not "tune it even more" with anything else.

I am not trying to be a ****, it just sounds like you have just enough information to get yourself into an arguement you will lose.

Sorry for the threadjack post.

· Registered
107 Posts
First off, in this thread I told the TS to seek help from K-Pro gurus. Never once mentioning myself as one. I have personal experience with Hondata, both reflashes and K-Pro. But that does not make me a professional tuner nor a guru. I never said anything like that.
Secondly, I was referencing K-Pro vs VAFC...not the reflash. There is really no point to run both the reflash and VAFC (unless ofcourse you are trying to save $). But you will get more out of K-Pro then either of them or both of them together (with a good tuner).
Finally, I was not trying to insult you or your "knowlegde". Go back and read your posts. You were saying that reflash alone was available for the K24 frank. I was just trying to make the TS understand that you can not tune flashes. That's it. Sorry if I came across rude, the internets does not make voice inflection and body language easy to read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.