8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts
k24a1 = crv/element
K24a2= tsx...

as for times, that like saying I have a built mustang how fast will it go?

to many variables to answer that...

as for more hp, not necessarily, more torque absolutely...

pop the valve cover and take a pic...depending which head is on there will make all the dif...

as for wrapping it around a tree, you know your kid better than everyone, how mature is he?

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts
to the op...after all day consideration,
I'm starting to think this is to good to be true... I would take it to an expert to make sure everything is up and up...

K24/K20s frankenstein Ep3 for $6k...I bet the suspension is f'd up from the accident, is it a standard or salvage title...

K-Frankenstein hatches of the EG (92-95) variety are going for $8k and that shell is 10 years older than what you got...

something's wrong..

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts
it's a $25k car based on what? you don't know what engine that is and the condition of the car. Also it's based on the assumption this car was never in an accident. If it's running well and conditions good, then it's definitely a steal.

That's one awesome f*ckin present. the fenders are hideous though.
The car's original sticker price was over $18k...K24a1 motor/K20 head everything to go along with it...$5K...so what's that $23K...sorry if my math was off $2k

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts
the tranny has 2 options rsx-s or modified 5 spd...

the two codes are
w2m5 started life as a 5 spd
x2m5 rsx-s 6 spd

200+ hp in that little car is alot...maybe not as much as the vette...but alot

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I'm probably going to leave the rest of it up to my son. He's going to love this. At least I won't have to listen to him talk about how he's going to modify the car. It's already done!!! And, no, I'm not going to allow him to boost the car. Before my vette I had an '01 Stealth Twin-Turbo... I can't tell you how bad that blew my mind! When it was running right, it was a beast. When it wasn't... I was clueless. The day I sold that car was one of the happiest days of my life. When it comes to mods, I'm going to stick with a bigger carb and cam. He'll love this site and, like someone said earlier, I trust that y'all will keep in mind that he's just a kid. I don't think he'll be doing too much more to the car with exception of probably a few ugly stickers on the windows. I'm going to hold off on buying the badges and i-vtec decals. BTW, he'll probably love the fenders. haha
Good luck to you and good luck to him...

your a good dad

· Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Hondata does not have an endless list of reflashes available. Show me where there is such a reflash or as you call it a "set tune" for a k20/24 frank. Here is the reflash page for the K series:
K-Series Reflash
I dont see any there at all for franks of any kind, probably because there are just too many combos out there to R&D for retail.

VAFC is very limited in it's capabilities (you can't adjust cam angles, etc). K-Pro is a fully programmable ECU which can do far more than VAFC. You can not "tune it even more" with anything else.
1st please don't attack mods as noobs...the are here to help...

second when you order your hondata through the dealer, they generally ask you what your running...Hondata sets base maps in the ecm, so the car can start, etc, no means perfect but a start...

vafc would suffice to make a k20/k24 hybrid...look on k20a.org

all your doing is adding more fuel...would k-pro be better 100%...but it can be done with vafc...

my 420 post...time to burn...

1 - 19 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.