8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Okay... Here's what I've found. I wasn't able to find any numbers on the tranny with all that junk in the way. (looking from the top) But I managed to find the numbers on the front of the block. It's a K24A1 engine. I googled that and found that it comes in the TSX. Apparently, it produces the same horsepower as an RSX-S engine but produces more torque, at a lower rpm. (displacement)
I forgot the camera but I'll go back over there later and take some pics.
So, I've determined that this little car has a lot more horsepower than I initially thought. I just hope my son doesn't wrap it around a telephone pole!!!
I'm sure he will be thrilled that he has a modified Si though.

Anybody know what kind of 1/4 mile times this set-up will turn? I know quite a bit about American muscle, but nothing about these tuner cars. I will testify that I have seen some pretty quick tuners at Texas Motorplex! Just guessing, according to the horsepower/weight ration, I would think that the car would be capable of turning in the mid-13's. No?

Thanks for y'alls help. I'm sure once my son gets the car he'll become a regular on this site.

Maury

o wattt a K24 block? :eek:hsnap:

· Registered
221 Posts
ate
I'm thinkin would you buy a $17k car, roughly $10k on mods and sell it for pennies...you know the dealer has mark up on it as well,

So this guy took $4500K (estimate) on trade for a $25k+ car

it's a $25k car based on what? you don't know what engine that is and the condition of the car. Also it's based on the assumption this car was never in an accident. If it's running well and conditions good, then it's definitely a steal.

That's one awesome f*ckin present. the fenders are hideous though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.