8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
929 Posts
Just FYI, a lot of people go to a lot of trouble to remove the Si badges and I-VTEC stickers from their civics (I've spent tons of $ debadging back in the day when it meant welding up holes and repainting and I know the grille badge, trunk badge and stickers will be the first things to go when I get my 8th gen sedan) so you might not want to slap those stickers on right away, your son might prefer the cleaner look.

Just my 2 cents, tryin' to help you out.

· Registered
929 Posts
Can I make a suggestion that will make you the best dad out there (you're already well on your way) and help to keep your son from becoming a statistic?

*preach on*

Too many times we see young kids getting hot little cars ang getting into the wrong scene or getting in way over their heads. Now for all we know your kid may already be a karting champion since he was 6 and a better driver than any of us! But if he's not, please sign him (and maybe yourself) up for some driving courses. I'm way up here in Canada so I can't suggest anything local but I'm sure the local SCCA clubs have tons of schools and things that you guys can get into.

I've taught at plenty of autocross schools in my area and there are plenty of fathers getting their sons off on the right foot by bringing them out as soon as they get their licenses to Autocross schools and then to autocross events (and quite often due to youth, exhuberence and something I call the "notmycarfactor" they're posting faster times than dad within a few events!) This can go very far for the male bonding experience as well as giving you the piece of mind in knowing that your son will have the know how (as well as discipline) to handle any situation that arises when he's driving on the street.

*preach off*

cool car btw, my dad never bought me anything that nice!

· Registered
929 Posts
I will have it checked out though, especially since he doesn't have much experience driving. Thank God he's a cautious kid. I think that, combined with me threatening him his life, may keep him from driving like an idiot.
I'll keep you guys posted.
I will post some pics of him getting his new car since that's going to be as good a day for him as it is for me. Well, I will try to post some pics. Someone else may have to post them for me.
Now I would never try to insinuate that you're clueless but if you ask my parents they'd say that I was the most responsible kid ever (and overall, especially compared to a lot of my friends I really really was!) but let me tell you that once I was out of their eyesight (and earshot) I did some of the stupidest most dangerous driving manoeuvers you've ever seen in your life and I'd say that I'm pretty lucky to be alive right now (and lucky to have never written off any of their cars)

So I won't say that your son is at all like this but what I told my parents and what really happened were 2 totally different things...

I really hope you and your son get a chance to enjoy this car together in a "sporting manner". It does look like it might be fun!

Also, get your son a login on this site, the 8th gen massive will keep an eye on him and won't let him get too far astray with his mods or attitude either...
there's a good site for that car too ephatch.com or something?!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.