8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Here's a link to a DIY I made...
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1226500#post1226500

Hey guys I thought I'd share with you my super spy garage door opener. I'm rather proud of my handy work here and feel like I need to show it off a bit.

Ummm... what?

There it is... in all its glory.

I may pull my dash apart again and show you how it's done if anyone cares enough to see. I chose not to install it in that spare slot by the mirror controller because fog lights are moving in there in the next couple of weeks.

Also check out my nice headlights here.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
07mugencivic said:
ohhhhhhhhhh i see it now....top top of your slot....how long did it take you
Probably around two hours or so. I didn't have a clue what I was doing until I actually got to doing it. It's not that difficult really. I could re-do it again in less than 10 minutes I'm sure.

I don't even get to park in the garage all too often but it does make an easy entry into the house. I drove my dad back to the eye surgeon and he thought he caught me not shutting the garage door again because I didn't reach up to press any button on the visor... :biggrin:

·
Registered
313 Posts
:thumb: Nicely done. I'd like to see how you did it. Homelink is probably the feature I miss most from my Accord... and this is even more stealth.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sunny87 said:
A DIY would be greatly appreciated =). Btw. Nicely done.
I will tear the thing apart tomorrow and type it up.
thats pretty cool. im trying to figure out how u did it but i keep coming up with differnt ways. how does it work?
You are going to :pat: when you see how it works.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Good Stuff. Ill be needing a 2 button set-up. Def want to see the inner workings. maybe ill bust open the garage door openner tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts