8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Doraemon!
Joined
·
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


This thread will work like a checklist of what needs to be done before the meet (in order of importance):

  • Confirm Date - May 26 2007
  • Confirm Attendees Confirmed
  • Confirm Itinerary Confirmed
  • T-Shirt / Decal Production - Design finalized; Production ongoing
  • Photoshoot Locations Confirmed - Porteau Cove, Squamish Adventure Ctr, along Sea2Sky Hwy
  • Venue Reservations
  • Confirm Possible Sponsors (local or online) Confirmed
  • Logistics to Meeting Spot (possible reserved area, VPD roadblock)
  • Equipment List (cameras, FRS radios, cell phones, GPS, etc) Confirmed
Anyone who wants to add anything is welcome to do so.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
I have sent a email to a friend regarding the long sleeve shirts, there will be a min to buy but I asked him what that was.

Dates seem fine to me, I do not have another big inventory until 3rd or 4th week of June if i am still with Arcteryx.

If you go the embroidery route, do not get it contracted out. I can do it at my factory. I will need a DST file for our machines, so say you want the 8thcivic.com logo, someone will have to send me the file so I can put it into our brand new 16 head machine.


The min order through my friend is 12 shirts, they can do art work and what not but we can just get blank shirts too.
 

·
Doraemon!
Joined
·
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't thinking about embroidery... more of just printed (probably silk screen; maybe heat transfer). Good call though! Embroidered shirts will look good, but will definitely cost more.

I was thinking about Blitzgear because my close family friend owns the place. We can get them to put a logo on the shirts for advertizing too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
I wasn't thinking about embroidery... more of just printed (probably silk screen; maybe heat transfer). Good call though! Embroidered shirts will look good, but will definitely cost more.

I was thinking about Blitzgear because my close family friend owns the place. We can get them to put a logo on the shirts for advertizing too.


emb won't cost us a dime other then if we need to get a file transfered into a DST file. I can do the emb at my factory. the file cost is like 50 bucks, and emb no matter the color is FREE.

The price per shirt is looking like 7-15 dollars a shirt, no mininum numbers to worry about.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
We might be able to get EMB and DST convert done for free. I have to pull some strings but this saves us a bunch of money.

I have sent a email with your exact question as I know nothing about these files other what works in our machines here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
If anyone wants to submit designs, please feel free to post them up on this thread.

Just bear in mind that the 8thcivic.com logo has to appear unaltered. I have permission from Webby to use the logo, but it must remain in its original form.

Would dear sweet Webby, hand us over the DST file for the logo. I promise swear to someone above that the logo will not get altered. I will personally drive to were ever webby lives so he can beat me if need be.


As for artwork....I suck. I just usually do my acids drawings at home when i need to keep myself from going retarded.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
hey Marc

here is the reply I got from my buddy who is in the industry of getting stuff on shirts.

.dst is Tajima format embroidery file, it's generated by embroidery digitizing software such as
WinDaisy, iPunch etc.

It's something akin to CAD as far as operation ( so yes, somewhat proprietary vector graphic creation app but even more specific than that)
but it's not something someone can just install and digitize with unless it was only a simple keyboard type layout.

To digitize a graphic requires some knowledge of how embroidery machines lay stitch and how much stitch density you require etc etc..

Don't try yourself, pay a pro or you'll regret it...rates in Canada are approx $10-20 per 1,000 stitches, if you go online
or offshore ( China/HK) you can find way better pricing.
 

·
Doraemon!
Joined
·
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I kinda knew that! lol Complicated stuff! haha.

I think they have to map out the route the needle will take to create the completed design, that's why there's a rate of $10/1,000 stitches. I'm pretty sure my design will be a lot more than 1,000 stitches because of the size and stitch density.

Unless we can find someone to do this cheaply, our only other alternative will be to silk-screen the shirts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
Yeah, I kinda knew that! lol Complicated stuff! haha.

I think they have to map out the route the needle will take to create the completed design, that's why there's a rate of $10/1,000 stitches. I'm pretty sure my design will be a lot more than 1,000 stitches because of the size and stitch density.

Unless we can find someone to do this cheaply, our only other alternative will be to silk-screen the shirts.

I might be able to get all of this done for FREE, I will need any and all artwork asap.
 

·
Doraemon!
Joined
·
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh ok... simple enough! lol

What's the deadline? I have a design that's still in the works. I'm maybe 50% there, but I want to confirm with you all first.

Any idea on costs (long-sleeve shirts, labor, shipping, taxes, etc)?
Embroidery is free? Maybe we can put together a gift card or something for the "volunteer"?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
41,908 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
Oh ok... simple enough! lol

What's the deadline? I have a design that's still in the works. I'm maybe 50% there, but I want to confirm with you all first.

Any idea on costs (long-sleeve shirts, labor, shipping, taxes, etc)?
Embroidery is free? Maybe we can put together a gift card or something for the "volunteer"?

Sent a email to someone at headoffice, going to try to get Arcteryx to sponsor this event and get free long sleeves and stickers.

I will also talk to my friend about how long to take to get the file transfered into dst file and the emb will be free as I will be doing it myself at the factory.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top