8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
haha dont even get me started with donkey kong. dangerous driving.. lil' advice there dk, theres no time slips to hand out at the end of the run, and the #7 is not nurburgring.

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Yeah, when we were leaving the parking lot, Royce decided to put on a show and did a really big burnout through the lot. Not cool. Also, swerving on the freeway was also dangerous.

And Sky001 - I don't even know where to begin dude. You shouldn't be allowed to join meets that involve any sort of driving.

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
hey marc, any rubbing occuring on that road with the specs you have right now on your bc coils?
No... I didn't really have to do any hard cornering. I know the Sea2Sky is full of sharp S-curves, so I was actually looking forward to testing out my suspension. But alas, rockfall > 8thcivic meet.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I was behind marc when we're heading to the park. His car is not that bouncy as I thought. I wonder how it feels inside the car. Ping complains about the coil's killing his back. Btw, ping got the same coil as Marc.

How about your setup, Meeks? Any complains from gf? Hehehe....

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
rides like stock. which is good and bad. too soft yet no complaints from passengers. when i was riding with west and susan, scraped at the end of a big hill doing 70.

the custom alignment was amazing though. turn in was better. understeer was still there but a little less noticable, it goes towards a 'neutral' feel

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
I was behind marc when we're heading to the park. His car is not that bouncy as I thought. I wonder how it feels inside the car. Ping complains about the coil's killing his back. Btw, ping got the same coil as Marc.
Ping is just a little girl :D

No man, my coilovers are really nice. I love the ride quality. Not bouncy at all... very planted and stable around corners. It feels stock but 2-3 times stiffer.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
marc looks like hes driving a plane when he drives his car. must be the aviators.

wheres your hat, captain?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
^^ saweet! do you have any vidz of the run itself ? :popcorn:
yep, some, got some clips along that short winding downhill road....not the scary road with no railing though

how was the drive up there for you guys when i went to get marc and half the crew?
that up and down hill was the awesomest drive! i love it! actually reminded me of the backroads in SF when I went there...but no Si at that time..

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ping is just a little girl :D

No man, my coilovers are really nice. I love the ride quality. Not bouncy at all... very planted and stable around corners. It feels stock but 2-3 times stiffer.
Hahaha... A baller lil'girl, eh? I'm waiting for his type-r conversion. Should be awesome with mugen GP and lowered too.

I wonder how the Skunk2 Pro-S feels like coz it's the cheapest coilover in the market-$699 shipped. So far, BC N+ is on my list when I want to change the suspension.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
yep, some, got some clips along that short winding downhill road....not the scary road with no railing though

that up and down hill was the awesomest drive! i love it! actually reminded me of the backroads in SF when I went there...but no Si at that time..
That drive from Harrison city center to the park was awesome. I reminded me of my trip in Oregan along the coast. Lots of windy roads and twisties :-D
Very fun and you can keep the car in 3-4th and sometimes 5th gear :laughing:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Some of those turns where tight, really had to break and at one point even put the car into 2nd gear and it was revving at 5-6kish, lolz Sounded crazy nice tho...
Haven't really worked my car too much lately... It was nice to actually hear the engine roar a bit while having musik on =P

301 - 320 of 346 Posts