8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention All Whistler Members:

As you all know, there is a rockslide blocking the Sea to Sky Highway so we have no way of getting up to Whistler. Cleanup is expected to commence today, July 31, and the road will remain closed until early next week. As such, we will change the destination of this year's meet to Harrison Hot Springs, BC. It is roughly the same distance from Vancouver as Whistler, but we will be heading east instead of north. Appropriate lunch reservations have been confirmed, and we have also planned a scenic route

I apologize for this change, but this is something that we did not anticipate.

If you already have the date booked off, then please join us on our trip to Harrison. I will still be handing out prizes from our sponsors, we will still have games and trivia, and we will still be taking photos and chatting/hanging out. It will be really nice to put faces to screen names, and this is the perfect opportunity.

Again, I apologize for this last-minute change. Hope to see you all on Sunday!

Meet Location: Westwood Honda parking lot (2400 Barnet Hwy, Port Moody)
Meet Destination: Sasquatch Inn, Harrison Mills BC
Meet Time: 12:30pm
Departure Time: 1:00pm
Route: Hwy 7/Lougheed and Hwy 1

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You know, we can take the long way up to Whistler.. :dance:

I'm planning to set up a meet point for the Richmond folks before we head up to the main meet point at Port Moody so we won't get lost. So far, the Richmond folks are Justin and Shungo.. Not sure where the rest of the crew are.

Maybe the Richmond folks can meet up with the Burnaby/New West folks as well..

·
Registered
848 Posts
Honda will be on your RIGHT side if you are coming from Barnett HWY. You still have to drive some distance after Barnett.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You know, we can take the long way up to Whistler.. :dance:

I'm planning to set up a meet point for the Richmond folks before we head up to the main meet point at Port Moody so we won't get lost. So far, the Richmond folks are Justin and Shungo.. Not sure where the rest of the crew are.

Maybe the Richmond folks can meet up with the Burnaby/New West folks as well..
Well I am Ladner which is pretty much Richmond so I'd be down for meeting up and driving to Port Moody together.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i like park and ride since i dont know where ajr is haha :(
marc if you need a gps, i think i can ask my friend to borrow his

and kudos to marc for the last minute changes!

·
Registered
652 Posts
sweet..westwood honda is in my back yard. Anyone meeting up from the burnaby/coquitlam crew? Also I have an extra GPS if anyone wants to borrow it.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
sweet..westwood honda is in my back yard. Anyone meeting up from the burnaby/coquitlam crew? Also I have an extra GPS if anyone wants to borrow it.
Royce might need to borrow it even though he has one already. Directly challenged FTL!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
lol, my friends make fun of me all the time cause my sense of direction is about as good as a hooker's legs...just all over the place.

I refuse to lead anyone anywhere, I'm afraid I might lead you all off a cliff.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
lol, my friends make fun of me all the time cause my sense of direction is about as good as a hooker's legs...just all over the place.

I refuse to lead anyone anywhere, I'm afraid I might lead you all off a cliff.
or into me:eek:hsnap:

1 - 20 of 346 Posts