I hate OfferUP! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Off Topic > Water Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tommy
OMGOrangeSi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
I hate OfferUP!

Over the past 2 months I've nothing but bad experiences with OfferUp. Both with Buyers and Sellers!

OfferUp is full of scammers, bottom-feeders, and time-wasters! I can not tell you with just with one for sale posting that I had, how many buyers wanted to waste my time for for the fun of it!

Just yesterday someone selling a Q300 exhaust for a sedan wasted my precious time. Not only was he slow to respond, but his one & two worded responses were beyond frustrating! And this should have been a sign that I should walk away from this loser.

After agreeing on price we planned to meet up on the next day - Friday. Then at 8:30pm Thursday night, he asks if i can pick up the exhaust tonight (Thursday). I had plans Friday night, so I thought this would help clear up my schedule. So I agreed.

I asked where to meet. No response. So, I gave HIM a place to meet me, and it was in HIS neighborhood. So I came to him! When I said I was on my way, he said, "Let me get home first."

Okay, maybe he was out having dinner...

I notify him I'm at the meet up spot (Target parking lot). I after waiting 20 mins I asked, how far are you?

"1 hour"

That's when the s**t hit the fan!

It's 10:30pm and you're no where near home!!??

Why would you ask me to pickup a part if you know you're not going to be home until super late or after mid-night, and NOT tell me about it!? Such a stupid idiot!

And I felt like an idiot by being too nice just to get a "good deal" on a highly sought after exhaust!

Moral of the story is: "Make people come up to your level" If they don't rise up, leave 'em on the ground!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019, 02:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

raybees has their car in neutral right now
Well, that sucks. OfferUp is just the new Craigslist
raybees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in