Perfect Dark on XBLA - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Off Topic > Water Cooler > Video Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Kristian
dotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Perfect Dark on XBLA

I can't believe no one has made a thread for this game. I haven't been able to stay up to date with recent XBL stuff as I rarely play my 360, Mega Man 10 on the Wii has taken over my life. I just caught wind of this while I was browsing the web at work. I haven't played the XBLA update but as soon as I get home I am purchasing/downloading.

I remember right after I graduated elementary school in 2000, my dad took me to Walmart and told me I could buy whatever I want. I purchased The Marshall Mathers LP (edited of course lol) and Perfect Dark with the "Expansion Pak" with 64 whole MB of RAM! The graphics seemed so realistic to me at the time that I remember throwing up before I went to sleep that night from nausea. Then I woke up at 6AM to play some more.

Does anyone else have any fond memories of Perfect Dark? And how are you enjoying the updated game?

P.S. Listening to the soundtrack on my iPod now. Amazing stuff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

sick_civic just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i had the Expansion Pak for one of the Turok games that needed it & rented Perfect dark,i thought it was a good game.

One of my most fond memorable moments with N64 was Doom 64,san francisco Rush,Golden Eye 007,Turok: seed's of Evil multi-player...

and Pokemon stadium!!...those mini game's were awesome & Mario Party kicked ass,i would stay up the entire summer night till morning playing that!..

Last edited by sick_civic; 04-15-2010 at 03:33 AM.
sick_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Cody
Mr.Coty just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I remember several all nighters with perfect dark, remember having every level memorized and listening to my parents tell me how violent it was and that i shouldnt be playing it, it was the game that made the 64 worth having for me, and im loving the updated version, had a few all nighters with it already too
Mr.Coty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Kristian
dotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicdotkristian just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Yeah I just blasted through the Agent mode, the last level is such a pain. Random pillars... -_-

Pretty much what I was expecting in the update. A tad underwhelmed, but it's nice to play this game at 60 fps.

Did anyone else notice the control schemes? "Spartan"... "Duty Calls"? Lol
dotkristian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Quail Man!

Nick
GETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholdersGETxERxDONE has carbon fibre cupholders
Send a message via AIM to GETxERxDONE
is there a demo? my friends keep talking about it and i never played it. when i was growing up my video games were kinda limited on what my older brother wanted to play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

|
|
GETxERxDONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Kristian
Yeah, just download the trial game. If you liked Goldeneye, you'll love Perfect Dark. It's a little primitive though, the mission objectives can sometimes be really vague and not self-explanatory.

I'm in the middle of trying to beat it on Special Agent, I could only beat it on Agent as a kid. I'm stuck at about 70% of the campaign (Crash Site) because of said issue. I'm imagining Perfect Agent won't be much easier. I refuse to use an FAQ though, I'm going to figure it out on my own.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Kristian
Finished Special Agent last night. Got up to Area 51 - Infiltration so far on Perfect Agent. It's really fun figuring out these levels on their harder versions. I was never "brave" enough to do it as a kid for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in