Absolutely no braking POWAAAAAA - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Suspension and Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2016, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

AvisDonWon just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Absolutely no braking POWAAAAAA

New guy here..I've been creeping on this fourm for DIY stuff for a long time but now that my civics actually hurting I've decided to join.

So I am currently in the process of changing out my front and rear rotors and brakes because they were worn pretty bad! After I pulled everything off and bought a full kit off the good ol amazon I realized that I had a TSX conversion done at some point...so the brakes didn't fit at all (still used the same rotors). I ended up just putting on the new rotors and used the same pads until I could get a set of the right pads that would fit. Fast forward a week (today) and I pulled everything off again ready to start this awesome adventure of new brakes! . Well, my car said F*** YOU, and I noticed the front right caliper piston was leaking like CRAZY. Last week when I was doing the rotors I saw a small leak but I figured it was just from the line and it was a slow drip and not an issue boy was I wrong. After I had put on the new brake pads and was pushing the pistons back in the front right piston came out just a little too much and with it a huge puddle of brake fluid. I figured cool I'll drive to O'Rileys and get a replacement caliper no biggie, but as I put my wheels back on and started the car I noticed the brake pedal was SUPER lose, which reminded me I needed to bleed them. So I did (used a good ol plastic bottle and tube) Following the O so powerfull RR, RL, FR, FL. After I bled them still no braking power at all. So at this point I decided to be super dangerous and drive from the base hobby shop to where I live with no brakes (Yes it was stupid and terrifying, and again stupid). I had a buddy of mine take me to order the new caliper. I'll get that tomorrow and see if that fixes it but in the meantime.

Do you think it could be anything else that caused me to lose all my braking power? Pretty sure it's that caliper that decided to be like a prolapsed anu....ya know what we won't go there .

By the way..I'll introduce myself in the near future. Ello everyone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2016, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Eric
GravyRobber just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
So you are currently on TSX calipers with old pads, and new Civic SI rotors? If so, you'll need to get TSX rotors. They are the same diameter, but thicker. Even with the TSX conversion properly set up, the pedal stroke is slightly longer than with stock brakes. They still work just fine, but the stroke is longer, making them feel softer initially. You can swap the brake master cylinder for a TL type S BMC, and they will fix pedal stroke issue.

GravyRobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in