8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Adjusting Coils - OCD and going crazy

764 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  itrgtr 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here measured out the ride height before and used that as a basis for dropping after installing coilovers.

Before I installed mine, I measured the distance from the ground to the center of the fender arch. On factory spring with Koni struts, it measured 26" all around.
After installing the coilovers, I set everything to 24 1/2" using the same measurement criteria as before. At that height, I had a 1 1/2 finger gap up front, but the rears were beginning to tuck. Looked like it was dragging ass, and to be honest, felt like it too.
This was it at those settings:

Looking back at pictures, it looked like the ass was sagging a bit before anyways, just not as noticeable at factory height.
Has anyone else noticed this? What do you like to set for, even gap or even fender height?
I raised the back a bit tonight, and it looks and feels better to me.Too dark for pics right now.

See less See more
#2 ·
believe it or not, the wheel arches in the front are slightly bigger, this is true actually with many cars, it's just not that noticeable at stock height. so if you have a perfectly even drop, then the rear will look lower.

But that's the beauty of coilovers. Adjustability. Most people tend to lower to have an even wheel gap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.