Just picked up a used CT-E S/C kit.... - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

repsolrr1k just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Just picked up a used CT-E S/C kit....

Hello all,

My used supercharger kit just arrived today and I wanted to upload a quick video of the condition of the blower. The kit was said to have 30k miles on it. Should I rebuild it before i install? or if it looks OK/Normal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCFZq3UcRs

any advice appreciated. thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
VIP Member

bulliedog just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
The main thing is you want no slop when wiggling back and forth, no shaft play, easy to turn, and no scrapping sounds when spinning. If that all good slap it on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bulliedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick response bulliedog

Can't wait to get this up and running
repsolrr1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

riptose59 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
It looks fine. My roomate just installed one on his 13 si, looked exactly like that
riptose59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

thx

Now im just deciding which exhaust to go with XLR8 or Fullrace...descisions decisions...
repsolrr1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Klitz
DJKlitz just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to DJKlitz
I spent about half hour with Jon Bond Performance talkign to him about similar conditions on my SC. Granted you have a bit more paint wear than I do, he said as long as it's not making noise, no play in the shaft, and no scratches in the main housing (take the inlet off and use a flashlight to checkout the inner "barrels", then you're good to go. He calmed a lot of my nerves.

Wiggle the pully back and forth and make sure there is no play or lag in the rotation of the rotors. You won't know about noise until its put on the car really but if everything no scratches or anything and everything else is good then I'd say you're good to go.

He did give me some solid advice though. Don't take the advice from internet "professionals". As far as you know everyone behind the monitor claims to be a professional and has a big ego. Call up someone who know what they're doing and ask. Everyone loves steigmeier but honestly they didn't pickup when I called nor returned my messages. Jon Bond was another reputable guy that picked up the second I called and saw my emailed pictures instantly and told me what was up.

Just my $0.02.
DJKlitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Klitz
DJKlitz just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to DJKlitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolrr1k View Post
thx

Now im just deciding which exhaust to go with XLR8 or Fullrace...descisions decisions...
As far as exhaust goes. I'm on the full race right now and love it. Quiet when I need it, Loud when I want it.

The only thing I dislike about it is the 2piece config. If you're on a coupe, don't push the exhaust into the adapter too far or your exhaust will be underneath the bumper. You'll have a dirty butthole to clean about every 2 weeks.
DJKlitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

ExcelerateRep just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolrr1k View Post
thx

We have the XLR8 exhausts in stock in both black muffler and polished muffler. The Civic's respond really well to a larger exhaust especially when you're F/I. Our exhaust is a bit more aggressive than the Full-Race. There's more than a few vids on youtube comparing the two back to back which should be able to help you pick one. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
ExcelerateRep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in