Comptech-CT Engineering S/C chat and discussion V2 - Page 208 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2017, 01:51 AM   #4141 (permalink)

Adam-SI just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TavitoSi View Post
Yes, you rigth.
I see datalog and after 7600rpm i loose boost of 7.6 psi to 6.7 psi. My belt its old 5 years but less than 8000millas. (Gatorback 7pk2095). What belt are you running?
81.5" Dayco 6 rib belt. Also have the 2.95" pulley.

Adam-SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #4142 (permalink)

Habitts has their car in neutral right now
Hey everybody i am thinking of purchasing a comptech supercharger for my civic. I am concerned though that i wont be able to find a aftercooler kit though as IMT and Merc racing sites are out of stock for quite some time now. Is an aftercooler absolutely necessary? I live in florida where it can get fairly hot and this would be for a daily driver. Is there any other aftercooler kits out there im not aware of since i don't think vit offers them anymore? I just cant bring myself to go with kraftwerks since everything i hear about there kit is just awful things and full of problems.
Thanks

Habitts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2017, 12:15 AM   #4143 (permalink)

Bfast1713 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitts View Post
Hey everybody i am thinking of purchasing a comptech supercharger for my civic. I am concerned though that i wont be able to find a aftercooler kit though as IMT and Merc racing sites are out of stock for quite some time now. Is an aftercooler absolutely necessary? I live in florida where it can get fairly hot and this would be for a daily driver. Is there any other aftercooler kits out there im not aware of since i don't think vit offers them anymore? I just cant bring myself to go with kraftwerks since everything i hear about there kit is just awful things and full of problems.
Thanks
IMT still make aftercoolers, but due to high demand they can't keep them in stock. You'll need to e-mail them and put down a $100 deposit for one. Then it'll be a couple week wait (I was told around 6 weeks for the 2.25).

Merc did say they were out of the aftercooler game, but then put a couple up for sale soon after. Might be worth contacting them to be sure as well.

These are the only options for aftercoolers, unless you find a one-off used setup for sale.

Good luck!
Bfast1713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #4144 (permalink)

JOE
citizh sometimes day dreams about 8thciviccitizh sometimes day dreams about 8thciviccitizh sometimes day dreams about 8thciviccitizh sometimes day dreams about 8thciviccitizh sometimes day dreams about 8thciviccitizh sometimes day dreams about 8thciviccitizh sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to citizh Send a message via Skype™ to citizh
Merc is done making them already? Damn. I have the IMT kit and its really nice. BUT if i could go back i would have gone turbo. Dont get me wrong, i love the supercharger and the noises it makes but I cant really go further
citizh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #4145 (permalink)

PaulyP just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Mercracing definitely still makes aftercoolers, I don't know where you heard that.

I'm working with them on some projects now, aftercoolers are still being made, and he may actually have some in stock soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
PaulyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #4146 (permalink)

Burton5251 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Ya MR still does just upgraded my IMT 1.25" to MR 2.25"
Burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in