Supercharging the Si - 101 - Page 7 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #121 (permalink)

8thCivicRidesPoles
PainIs4ThaWeak just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Send a message via AIM to PainIs4ThaWeak Send a message via MSN to PainIs4ThaWeak Send a message via Yahoo to PainIs4ThaWeak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42790 View Post
^ Who was that directed at? I didn't say anything about injectors or walboro being the only solution.
He's trying to help you (and others) Steve. Juggs knows a thing or two about S/Cs.

PainIs4ThaWeak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #122 (permalink)

Jason
invaderjason just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via Yahoo to invaderjason Send a message via Skype™ to invaderjason
I am just going off from what I've read on here and what some of my friends with experience tell me.

invaderjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #123 (permalink)
1* Man

Steve
Steve42790 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainIs4ThaWeak View Post
He's trying to help you (and others) Steve. Juggs knows a thing or two about S/Cs.
I know, I think maybe I fell victim to what is stated in his signature haha
Steve42790 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #124 (permalink)

Jeremy
Excalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via Skype™ to Excalibur
Why does everyone say you have to have mounts? I didn't have mounts in my last sc setup and didn't have any issues. I mean I plan on getting the rear hasport mount, but that's it.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #125 (permalink)

Jason
Send a message via Yahoo to invaderjason Send a message via Skype™ to invaderjason
All I have is a torque dampener and I'll see how the car feels once I get my JRSC.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #126 (permalink)

Location: When all our tears have reached the sea Part of you will live in me Way down deep inside my heart
I am the Juggernaut!!!
02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on02civicsi just slapped nitrous oxide on
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainIs4ThaWeak View Post
Thanks for the cred but I don't have as much knowledge as another who posts in this thread. That person knows waaay more than me & can give more insight into questions than I am able to.

I will say that installing a JRSC on an 8th was an eye opening experience compared to a Comptech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderjason View Post
I am just going off from what I've read on here and what some of my friends with experience tell me.
That's good you have friends who have experience in these matters so you can go to them when you need help yourself.

Saying something is crap is kind of moot without giving reason/s why you feel that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42790 View Post
I know, I think maybe I fell victim to what is stated in his signature haha
That is exactly the reason why I must have that in my sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Why does everyone say you have to have mounts? I didn't have mounts in my last sc setup and didn't have any issues. I mean I plan on getting the rear hasport mount, but that's it.
You don't have to have mounts Jeremy but it's a really good idea to. Watch some dyno vids & see how much the motor flops back & forth when it's under load & when it's not. All that flopping gets transmitted right down the drivetrain.

I started off with an Ingalls Powerstick but the day my blower was installed a set of Boombas were installed. I've installed several more sets of Boombas for people & not a one has had any complaints. On one particular car the vibrations that most people whine about were pretty much non-existent. His car felt just about the same as before with the OEM tq rods inside the car in the front seats.

Last edited by 02civicsi; 02-16-2011 at 02:32 PM.
02civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #127 (permalink)
Under Moderation

Chris
skunk2civic just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
RC injectors ARE crap, they are outdated and theyre spray patterns are horrible! Get a set of ID's or FIC's.
skunk2civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #128 (permalink)

Function over Form..
Will06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpg
Send a message via AIM to Will06SI Send a message via Skype™ to Will06SI
Quote:
I see your point but any 1 that will be putting down SC'ed power should invest in motor mounts for the feel and performance that comes with it. It will help put more power to the ground,less stress on other components,more aggressive sound Ive had my Boomba mounts on for at least 10k and they've treated me very well.
Will06SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #129 (permalink)

Jeremy
Excalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcapsExcalibur just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Would it matter if you weren't wanting to drag the car? Like I said, I only was going to put the rear hasport one in there b/c I would like to keep it a little still, but I'm not all about having the interior rattle more than it does now. I don't want my car to feel like a vibrator while the a/c's on. I only plan on using the car for autox and time attack if anything, but mostly just point a to point b while having a good time.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #130 (permalink)

Function over Form..
Will06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpgWill06SI gets 3000 mpg
I dont get 2 much vibration with the AC on but the Rear hasport should help a lot and is the main tq rod needed to stop any flex in the motor.

What RH you using ?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #131 (permalink)

Zer0
Zer0c00L just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
when i have ac on it vibrates a good amount, i have injected mounts with the ingalls torque damper and dog bone
Zer0c00L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #132 (permalink)

Function over Form..
I had the tq damper for 3 years and it would Vibrate some with the AC on but i will be completely honest when i say it the Boomba mounts dont vibrate enough when the AC is on enough for me to be annoyed by it..
Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #133 (permalink)

Jeremy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will06SI View Post
I dont get 2 much vibration with the AC on but the Rear hasport should help a lot and is the main tq rod needed to stop any flex in the motor.

What RH you using ?
Krrh now, but my GP 575 is on the way.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #134 (permalink)

Function over Form..
Neither 1 of those really require a rear mount to prevent them from flexing and hitting the sub frame but with the Hasport mount you mentioned you will be fine..
Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #135 (permalink)

Jeremy
Quote:
Neither 1 of those really require a rear mount to prevent them from flexing and hitting the sub frame but with the Hasport mount you mentioned you will be fine..
Sweet!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #136 (permalink)

Jason
Quote:
I had the tq damper for 3 years and it would Vibrate some with the AC on but i will be completely honest when i say it the Boomba mounts dont vibrate enough when the AC is on enough for me to be annoyed by it..
I added spacers and I don't have vibration issues with the AC on with my torque dampener.

Boomba has two different kinds of motor mounts for our car. I'm guessing the one that says it eliminates 100%(hard to believe) wheel hop is the one to get.

Last edited by invaderjason; 02-17-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to add wheel hop haha
Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #137 (permalink)

the anonymous Si driver.
HRsi-dan just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Sweet!!!
FYI, HASport now has a full replacement mount set now:
FDSTK? - 06+ Civic Si (FD) - Civic/CRX - Mounts
HRsi-dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #138 (permalink)
1* Man

Steve
Steve42790 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
$500?? Thats ridiculous!
Steve42790 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #139 (permalink)

Jeremy
I Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcapsI Vtec do you? just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via AIM to I Vtec do you?
Yeah, I think Hasport forgot we drive a 20K car. $500 for some mounts? F that
I Vtec do you? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #140 (permalink)

Jeremy
That would defeat the purpose of me not wanting there to be a bunch of vibration. I know there would be a bunch with the full set. If I wanted the entire set, I would go with innovate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in