Post Your supercharged dynos - Page 7 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #121 (permalink)

M. Bison
realxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via AIM to realxlai
I've read the pulleys do more harm than good... I'll dig it up later lol

realxlai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #122 (permalink)

Moises
PanamaSi2007 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecmike1 View Post
hahahah the nst pullies are why your not making around 290ish on the dynojet.

full tune with flashpro, even without changing your exhaust would have given you 290ish on a dynojet with the skunk2 header and stock pullies.

ps. throttle body spacers don't work for SC. they only add hp for NA.
I hear you. But, I have the NST pulley (15% overdrive alternator) that are supposed to be for supercharge application.

I do not mean to put in doubt your observation, but what is the reasoning behind that pullies are affecting my car's performance. Just to understand.

You must also know that down here we're using a gasoline which is equivalent to your Unl91 gasoline in the USA.

With respect to the throttle body spacers, in other post I read thta it works better for supercharge application this is why I bought it. Do you think is reducing performace or it's just simple doing nothing at all.

Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciated.

Last edited by PanamaSi2007; 03-03-2010 at 09:34 AM.
PanamaSi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #123 (permalink)

Moises
Quote:
Originally Posted by realxlai View Post
I've read the pulleys do more harm than good... I'll dig it up later lol

I've read the same theory with respecto to harm to the engine, but never until now with respect to performance. Hope you can find that reading that you mention.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #124 (permalink)

M. Bison
realxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaSi2007 View Post
I've read the same theory with respecto to harm to the engine, but never until now with respect to performance. Hope you can find that reading that you mention.

Thanks.
Is this what you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post
6. Can I use the Underdrive Crank Kit on my supercharged K20?
A. The NST K20 Kit, NST22015K, is designed for use with any naturally aspirated or turbocharged application. Underdriving (slowing down) a supercharger is not ideal, because a supercharger is basically a pump driven by a belt that is attached to the crank pulley. An underdrive crank pulley would lead to less boost. We have designed what we call the CR-Lite Crank Pulley, NST22000, for you supercharger owners. You can add our Alternator Pulley, NST22022, for further weight reduction and better overall alternator output at idle.

Both available at NST - NonStopTuning - The Leader In Civic Si K20 Pulleys
Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #125 (permalink)

Fred
neogod just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to neogod
lol realxlai just took my answer, if you get the CR-Lite, it should bring your boost back up to where it should be, sorry you had to waste money that way.
neogod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #126 (permalink)

Moises
Quote:
Originally Posted by realxlai View Post
Is this what you have?

I have the CR-Lite Crank Pulley.

However, I'll put back the OEM pulleys and go back to the dyno.

I just remeber my first time at the Dyno the car with A/F ratio of low 10s put down at the wheels 266hp (with OEM pulleys). I only had Hondta reflash (not custom tuning) with Greddy Evo" exhaust and Strupp header.

The 2 times after changing pulleys the car achieve 272whp (with iced-cold engine) and 268whp hot engine.

Now, with better A/F ratio reading (high 11s) and better exhaust/header, bored TB, TSX intake cam, it seems what is holding me back are the pulleys.

I just told the tuner about it, and he said that sometimes cars (Honda) do not performed well with aftermarket pulleys. I hope so, so it will help me (and make me happy) and help others in the future.

Thanks.

Last edited by PanamaSi2007; 03-03-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #127 (permalink)

racekar just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
nst has this whole thread about myth of pullies being bad.

also i dont see how the pulley is holding you back when the cr lite crank pulley on a supercharger is the EXACT diameter as the oem >???

Its just less weight.

so how are you guys coming to this conclusion???

i dynoed 279 with stage 2 3.3pulley and stock cat on same dyno as vtecmike but i had my car way rich for tracking per my request and also rev limit at 8100

dynapak

my mods
cte intake oem tube
tsx tb
ct short header
stock cat
5 zigen cat back
flash pro
3.3 pulley
tuned rich only to 8100 vtec afr 10.8 for tracking purposes
nst lite crank pulley, alt pulley
279 on dynapak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaSi2007 View Post
I have the CR-Lite Crank Pulley.

However, I'll put back the OEM pulleys and go back to the dyno.

I just remeber my first time at the Dyno the car with A/F ratio of low 10s put down at the wheels 266hp (with OEM pulleys). I only had Hondta reflash (not custom tuning) with Greddy Evo" exhaust and Strupp header.

The 2 times after changing pulleys the car achieve 272whp (with iced-cold engine) and 268whp hot engine.

Now, with better A/F ratio reading (high 11s) and better exhaust/header, bored TB, TSX intake cam, it seems what is holding me back are the pulleys.

I just told the tuner about it, and he said that sometimes cars (Honda) do not performed well with aftermarket pulleys. I hope so, so it will help me (and make me happy) and help others in the future.

Thanks.

Last edited by racekar; 03-03-2010 at 04:30 PM.
racekar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #128 (permalink)

Moises
But 279whp on a dynopack is higher power reading than in a dynojet, as far as I understand. My latest run was 268whp on a Dynojet (should be higher in a dynopack). Perhaps you can be making more power without the pulleys. I won't know until I change pulleys and dyno run again.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #129 (permalink)

Mike
vtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
we were under the impression you had under drive pullies. if that was the case you would be losing boost. but it doesn't seem to be.

i hit 311 on the dynapack that racekar was talking about. which would be about 290 on a dynojet. so the fact your making 20 or so less whp then normal is puzzling. unless your tune isn't that great?

racekar would have higher numbers but is crazy rich.

11.5-11.7 and 8500rpm would still be totally safe for the track man. or get some meth.

drowning the car at 10.8 isn't the way to make it safe just my .02 cents.
vtecmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #130 (permalink)

racekar just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
thats only at way top most of its low 11's

yeah youre right about dynapak reading higher so your car would be 290 prob on a dynapak or so. i think your HP numbers look ok.

i dont think the pulleys is hurting you. Its rotating the same so how are you going to even gain any more HP??? people here are talking about the underdrive pulleys.

Last edited by racekar; 03-03-2010 at 09:16 PM.
racekar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #131 (permalink)

The Sasquatch
Figment-The-Dragon just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
In for the info about the NST pulleys...

Figment-The-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

jrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment-The-Dragon View Post
In for the info about the NST pulleys...

I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited by jrotax101; 03-04-2010 at 09:46 AM.
jrotax101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #133 (permalink)

M. Bison

320/215
Old 03-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #134 (permalink)

Mike
vtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicvtecmike1 just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
was this on the 3 inch and meth? looks nice!

what kinda dyno
Old 03-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #135 (permalink)

M. Bison
Only changes to my setup were: Walbro 255 and 3inch go power exhaust.

Car is butter smooth and I couldn't be happier.

Dyno was a dynapack
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #136 (permalink)

Mike
oh i see.. that makes more sense. dyna pack. 3 inch exhaust seemed to help alot. and the walbro prob did wonders for your duty cycle.

i'm hopin to see these kinda numbers for the 3 inch on a dynojet with meth.

possibly more.

prob around 330ish on a dyna pack. but won't know till like a billion years from now when i get all the parts.

wish list for before the end of the year.

ID 1000cc injectors
pulley boys 3 inch pulley ( ordered)
AIS meth kit
hondata 4 bar map sensor
CC stage 4 clutch kit
new tires ( ordered)
new belt ( ordered)
change super charger oil
then off to tuning with church again.

Last edited by vtecmike1; 03-07-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #137 (permalink)

M. Bison
Just scanned these.
The 520's had plenty of juice.

Derrick was saying I should probably think about cooling because I was getting pretty hot there.

Last edited by realxlai; 03-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #138 (permalink)

Mike
you got me by 9 hp! but i got 4 tq on you. HA lol

solid numbers man, i'm glad you got everything all sorted out and its smooth and runs strong.

we got up to 318 at one point but my ignition was a bit to high to be safe for my temps so it was causing knock.

guess these cars love timing. hope meth and a few more psi will skyrocket some numbers :P
Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #139 (permalink)

M. Bison
As soon as flashpro supports meth I'll be back for MOAR POWAH
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #140 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
RGV-SI- just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I will finally have a dyno sheet up here next monday when I get tuned! woohoo!!!!

RGV-SI- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in