Post Your supercharged dynos - Page 4 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Forced Induction And Nitrous > Supercharging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #61 (permalink)

Randy
moo shoo just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to moo shoo
Is it possible to make 400hp with a supercharger?

moo shoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #62 (permalink)

M. Bison
realxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via AIM to realxlai
Could you? maybe but not on boost alone most likely.. Would it be cost effective and worth it in the end? Hell no.

realxlai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #63 (permalink)

Randy
moo shoo just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to moo shoo
Ehh ****, well ok thanks for the answer.
moo shoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #64 (permalink)

Mr.Miller
itsmillz just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
i have to get the torque but this is my dyno : ) vibrant rch wit cat greddy evo 2 and k2 motors cold air intake this is a jrsc stop pulley it comes with,...

Last edited by itsmillz; 02-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.
itsmillz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #65 (permalink)

Russ
gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!
^ not bad numbers...I'm hoping to have mine there next week. I'm currently at 249.9 whp with CT Stage 2 3.15" pulley. I'm just upgrading the exhaust to 3" but for a little while i'll still have a 2.5 " header.
gotsnodooks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #66 (permalink)

Mr.Miller
you only made 249 with stage 2?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #67 (permalink)

Russ
gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!gotsnodooks needs another gear in their car!!!!
yeah...with stock exhaust though...and the shop i go to told me his numbers are typically lower on his dyno than some shops. So if I can pick up 15 to 20 with the exhaust...I have a few other tricks to pull the rest out of the motor. I'll probably also take it to another shop and dyno it to compare.

His dyno originally showed me at 233 whp with the Hondata reflash...after he tuned it I was at 249.9 and 10'lbs of torque over the entire RPM band. I also just changed to a different header since I had a severe exhaust leak while it was in his shop. So I think that might have had an effect as well. All that is fixed now and I'll be running it again on Monday or Tuesday to get my new numbers.

Last edited by gotsnodooks; 02-04-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #68 (permalink)

Mr.Miller
yea do that sir thats low for the stage 2 and the exhaust might help but i dont kno by how much..
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #69 (permalink)

Russ
well I've seen some exhaust get between 15 and 20. So if that holds true with mine I should be up there in similar numbers. Just set my appt for Tuesday to run on his machine again so I'll know then.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #70 (permalink)

Mr.Miller
cool sir
Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #71 (permalink)

Edwin
rdrgzfam just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Yeah the dyno gotsndooks goes to reads low I put down 205 and 152 tq w bolt ons and flash pro there. Similar set ups I have seen almost 220 but I will say that the car runs amazing and my torque was super smooth I will try and post my dyno, on a side note also the 205 I put down was at 8000 rpm my limiter is 8600 and he said it was still making power so maybe 210ish
rdrgzfam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #72 (permalink)

Ceto21 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to Ceto21
bone stock...
Ceto21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #73 (permalink)

Ceto21 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to Ceto21
Ceto21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

jrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorjrotax101 is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
this is in the "supercharger" section, not the N/A section.
jrotax101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #75 (permalink)

Russ
^ an intake and a header alone will work wonders for you. I had 188 with just those two mods. I wish I had done a bone stock run with mine like you did. At least you know where you are originally starting.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #76 (permalink)

BOOST INSIDE just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsnodooks View Post
yeah...with stock exhaust though...and the shop i go to told me his numbers are typically lower on his dyno than some shops. So if I can pick up 15 to 20 with the exhaust...I have a few other tricks to pull the rest out of the motor. I'll probably also take it to another shop and dyno it to compare.

His dyno originally showed me at 233 whp with the Hondata reflash...after he tuned it I was at 249.9 and 10'lbs of torque over the entire RPM band. I also just changed to a different header since I had a severe exhaust leak while it was in his shop. So I think that might have had an effect as well. All that is fixed now and I'll be running it again on Monday or Tuesday to get my new numbers.
Is it a Mustang Dyno?
BOOST INSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #77 (permalink)

M. Bison
realxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcapsrealxlai just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via AIM to realxlai
its a dynapack, which usually reads higher but IDK whats the case for his #'s specifically
realxlai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #78 (permalink)

Trevor Wray
RGV-SI- just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by moo shoo View Post
Is it possible to make 400hp with a supercharger?
Yes but not with the Eaton supercharger that come with the kits. You would need to upgrade to a Lysholm Twin Screw Supercharger that is able to push more air. You would also have to upgrade your cams. It is possible but your gonna work for it. Personally I think If you want 400hp just go turbocharged.

Last edited by RGV-SI-; 02-04-2010 at 05:30 PM.
RGV-SI- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #79 (permalink)

e78704 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV-SI- View Post
Yes but not with the Eaton superchargers that come with the kits. You would need to upgrade to a Lysholm Twin Screw Supercharger that is able to push more air. You would also have to upgrade your cams. It is possible but your gonna work for it. Personally I think If you want 400hp just go turbocharged.
I agree with that. The M62 is too small of a blower to make 400hp with.
e78704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #80 (permalink)

Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by realxlai View Post
its a dynapack, which usually reads higher but IDK whats the case for his #'s specifically
he said it has to do a lot with the settings he uses. I'm gonna get some more info out of him on tuesday when I go back on the machine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in