8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

*** Where to buy Optima Yellow Top Battery in Canada ***

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  accordztec 
#1 ·
As thread title suggests...

Also any other suggestions to replace a '08 Si OEM Battery?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Costco Kirkland batteries are top notch. Also their warranty and replacement is solid too.

Bought one for my 5th gen prelude, about a year later, I let the car sit for a few months, and the battery was dead. Just needed to be recharged, but I took it in, and they swapped it straight up, so I got a newly manufactured one just like that. I did plenty of searching on replacement batteries before that and Costco was one of the top that folks recommended.

My 8th's battery is on its way out and I plan on heading to costco to pick up a replacement soon. Under $100 out the door from what I remember.

#6 ·
Wow, this thread just got bumped. As for my last post, I was going to pick up a kirkland battery, but found a guy selling a yellow top optima locally for a price I couldn't pass up. It was used, but the thing is a beast. I can finally park and listen to music, charge my phone, whatever else, for quite a while while waiting for someone, without worrying if it'll start up.

I recall seeing someone selling one in the for sale section for dirt cheap recently too.

#12 ·
costco, and optima are made by the same manufactuer. Johnson controls.

For the price, perhaps buy a deka or a AGM battery. Optimas suck big time in the last 4 years since they got bought out. My buddy went through 3 in 2 years, each kept having bad cells. He gave up.

Im not saying Johnson controls are bad, im just saying that for the price of an optima, you can get anything else...even a regular battery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.