MA Tint Shops - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > North-East

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
NcA

NcA just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
MA Tint Shops

Can anyone suggest a reputable tint shop somewhere in the North Shore (Beverly, Salem, Lynn) Area? Moved to the area a few months back and I honestly have no clue where to start looking. Anything I should be looking out for in terms of getting decent quality? Lastly, what are the legal limits for MA? I'm looking at 35% up front and 10-20% for the rear, would I be able to get away with this? I know the Si has mild tints as stock, so what would I need to add to make up those percentages?

Cheers

NcA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Davis
DaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to DaviSi
Billerica, MA nasty tint... tint king... :: Tint King | Home ::

DaviSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Davis
DaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
got mines done there.. i knoe it not close to lynn and stuff but i just wanted to throw that out there cause he is pretty goood...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
NcA

That's not too far out of the way, best looking bet so far How long was installation and cost?
NcA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Davis
walk in bro.. 30 min top.. walk-in welcome i would call just to see if he is busy though but i think he one of the best...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Davis
he'll ask u illegal or legal wat eva u wanna doo..
Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Davis
lol..
Old 06-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Davis
well i got a good deal since we took like 6 cars down there.. call tell him wat chu got.. he'll tell u its all computer cut.. sickk...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
NcA

Nice one! Still open to any closer shops if anyone else knows of any. Tint king looks like he knows his s**t though..
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
NcA

For more suggestions!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Steve
Bos66 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Got mine done at tint king also did a great job.
Bos66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Matt
darkrom likes to double clutchdarkrom likes to double clutchdarkrom likes to double clutch
Send a message via AIM to darkrom
I got it done at Tint King and I love mine still. Talk him down to $200 because thats what he did for me for my coupe
darkrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
NcA

What were the % you got done darkrom? And the type of film, I noticed he offers 3 different flavours
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Davis
go down he'll knoe exactly wat to put on... i got 35 its a little darker cause the stock tint but that wat i got..
Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Iuri
brazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbobrazilianguy has an enormous 8thcivic turbo
Exclusive Auto Design
900 Eastern Ave., Malden, MA
781 397.8300

got mine done there, good people, they also do audio installation
i have 35% on the front, and 20% on the back
looks pretty clean
brazilianguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Matt
darkrom likes to double clutchdarkrom likes to double clutchdarkrom likes to double clutch
Send a message via AIM to darkrom
I just said give me the legal limit. SO he did 35% all around. Haven't been hassled once, and it looks really clean. I don't know what kind of tint he used, but he assured me that they don't have the stuff that will ruin your radio reception or anything like that. I highly recommend Tint King. Theres a nice pub or something across the street if you wanna have a few beers while you wait.
darkrom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

IR Ninja
1sloPR5 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic1sloPR5 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NcA View Post
Can anyone suggest a reputable tint shop somewhere in the North Shore (Beverly, Salem, Lynn) Area? Moved to the area a few months back and I honestly have no clue where to start looking. Anything I should be looking out for in terms of getting decent quality? Lastly, what are the legal limits for MA? I'm looking at 35% up front and 10-20% for the rear, would I be able to get away with this? I know the Si has mild tints as stock, so what would I need to add to make up those percentages?

Cheers

NcA
Just be careful with tints man, i had 35% all around on my Mazda and never once was i hassled by police, BUT when it came time for inspection i failed because my tints were too dark. I even stood there when they scanned my tints, i had like 27-30% the tint meter was reading. Thats cuz of the natural tint in the glass threw the tint off by a couple numbers and they refused to pass me...In the end I took it else where and passed but wow it was a nightmare.

35% is nice because like I said never once was I hassled with police but damn that inspection....Now I got 20% and in another state
1sloPR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Dan
darkdan lives their life a quarter mile at a timedarkdan lives their life a quarter mile at a timedarkdan lives their life a quarter mile at a timedarkdan lives their life a quarter mile at a timedarkdan lives their life a quarter mile at a timedarkdan lives their life a quarter mile at a time
This guy is decently close.

Solar Solutions Tinting - Automotive

He uses plotter cut films so no worries about scratches in the glass. He offers Suntek Carbon and Madico Charcool both will give decent heat rejection and no AM reception loss.
darkdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Whispaz just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Auto-Tuners in Malden
auto-tuners.com
Whispaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in