New York State Cigarette Tax Sucks - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > North-East

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley
Send a message via AIM to 06blaksi Send a message via Yahoo to 06blaksi
Angry New York State Cigarette Tax Sucks

So I go to the store today and they raise the fuccin price of cigs to $7/pack wtf???

Anyone in CT or NJ want to buy them online at an indian reservation and I'll paypal you the money. I can get them for 34/carton but they cant ship to NY

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Joey
Xtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverse
Send a message via AIM to Xtreme Thunder

I am a non-smoker, but is it really $7 a pack. :SHOCKED:

Xtreme Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley06blaksi likez to fill up with red trolley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Thunder View Post

I am a non-smoker, but is it really $7 a pack. :SHOCKED:
yep...NYS now has a tax of $2.75 per pack
06blaksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I/E/RH NO REFLASH
udumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with gleeudumkid runs yellow lights with glee
yay no more black lungs! J/k..
udumkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Joey
Xtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverseXtreme Thunder wheelies their car in reverse
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blaksi View Post
yep...NYS now has a tax of $2.75 per pack
I just researched it online and holy shiat! 2.75 (tax) + ~4.25 (pack). Wow.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

BEAR
bear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warriorbear.914 is the 8thcivic ninja warrior
Send a message via AIM to bear.914
NYC is going to be near 9$
bear.914 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Susan
Sleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy
you need an overseas connection, I can get cartons of Reds for 20 bucks.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

JON
BIIIGJON just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Im 15 Min From Pa. So Im Gunna Go Buy A Carton Or Two When I Go Deliver Some Parts Down That Way Today. Idk If They Went Up Too
BIIIGJON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Stanley
RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!RedBattleAxe needs another gear in their car!!!!
Send a message via MSN to RedBattleAxe Send a message via Yahoo to RedBattleAxe
Well...NYS has the highest cigarette tax in the nation. All the bodega owners are pissed cause they are losing business by people getting them from reservations or bootleggers.
RedBattleAxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

KingJaffyy - Reaz
WhiTe~Si~ just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicWhiTe~Si~ just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicWhiTe~Si~ just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicWhiTe~Si~ just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
So I go to the store today and they raise the fuccin price of cigs to $7/pack wtf???

Anyone in CT or NJ want to buy them online at an indian reservation and I'll paypal you the money. I can get them for 34/carton but they cant ship to NY
my uncle told me about this also because he smokes too but i think he gets them from this guy for cheap a carton if you want i can ask him how much he pays for a carton an i'll let you know what do you smoke neways?, my uncle smokes newports, u should just quit btw lol
WhiTe~Si~ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
VIP Member

Zeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq kingZeuceone is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to Zeuceone Send a message via Yahoo to Zeuceone
Here's an idea, quit.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
Here's an idea, quit.
I dont want to live to be 90...ill be in a home with nobody visiting, ill have Alzheimer's, wearing depends and all that other ****...fucc that....theres no social security left for me so I plan on dying right around retirement age
06blaksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

racerex will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Here's another +1 to just quit.

Yeah, there's a good chance that you'll be able to just make it to retirement age (as planned). Two close family friends died of lung cancer.....one in his early 60's and the other in her late 60's. My father in-law made it to 71.

Oh yeah, I worked for Philip Morris USA and I still own PM (i.e., Altria) stock. So in a way, your smoking will benefit me in my retirement.
racerex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

joeyo just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
im glad theres a reservation relatively close to me that i pass quite frequently, $7 a pack is ridic. i'm gonna have to quit soon i guess lol
joeyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

𝑺 my 𝒅
06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king06 Civic Ex is teh bbq king
Send a message via AIM to 06 Civic Ex Send a message via Yahoo to 06 Civic Ex Send a message via Skype™ to 06 Civic Ex
paul ill be near a reservation soon holla at me
06 Civic Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Dent
dentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolleydentrecords likez to fill up with red trolley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
Here's an idea, quit.

It's pretty expensive and absolutely terrible for you.

From what I understand it's approximately $10 per pack up here for the "good" non-budget brands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
stroke this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dentrecords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ernie
ryox82 will be known by all on 8thcivic soonryox82 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Send a message via AIM to ryox82 Send a message via MSN to ryox82
Sucks for me too, not only do I smoke like an idiot, I had to put the tax increases into the computer system, I work for a distributor that sells them to most of the little shops you might stop in.
ryox82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ernie
ryox82 will be known by all on 8thcivic soonryox82 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Send a message via AIM to ryox82 Send a message via MSN to ryox82
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyo View Post
im glad theres a reservation relatively close to me that i pass quite frequently, $7 a pack is ridic. i'm gonna have to quit soon i guess lol
poospatuck? that place is shady lol
ryox82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
VIP Member

Mo
mohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with gleemohouse runs yellow lights with glee
Send a message via AIM to mohouse
Quote:

Welcome to the United Capitalistic States of America!
mohouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohouse View Post
Welcome to the United Capitalistic States of America!
Corporate America sporting a Market Economy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in