MA Tint laws and Inspection - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - U.S. > North-East

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

IR Ninja
1sloPR5 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic1sloPR5 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
MA Tint laws and Inspection

Pretty straight forward question, I have an 06SI that is in need of an inspection soon. Last year I filled out a waiver so I wouldn't have to get an inspection due to being out of state. I think that waiver is only good for a set amount of time. I imagine a year at the most, and its coming up on that year mark. I cant imagine it possible to go 2yrs w/o a state inspection. My question is does anyone in the central MA area preferably around Worcester, Auburn, Shrewsbury know of a place that I can take my car to get inspected and pass with 20% tint lol.

I ask because my last car had 35% and due to the "natural" tint in glass the inspection stations read like 27%-33% and failed me every time. I ended up having to take all my tints off(no small chore). I know there has GOT to be someplace, I've seen limo dark tint on Bimmers and Benz's up there and they are have passed stickers...If not Ill just ride the waiver as long as I can and hope and pray the state doesn't cancel my registration...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mike
mijc13 just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicmijc13 just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicmijc13 just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicmijc13 just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicmijc13 just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivicmijc13 just put it into 4th gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sloPR5 View Post
Pretty straight forward question, I have an 06SI that is in need of an inspection soon. Last year I filled out a waiver so I wouldn't have to get an inspection due to being out of state. I think that waiver is only good for a set amount of time. I imagine a year at the most, and its coming up on that year mark. I cant imagine it possible to go 2yrs w/o a state inspection. My question is does anyone in the central MA area preferably around Worcester, Auburn, Shrewsbury know of a place that I can take my car to get inspected and pass with 20% tint lol.

I ask because my last car had 35% and due to the "natural" tint in glass the inspection stations read like 27%-33% and failed me every time. I ended up having to take all my tints off(no small chore). I know there has GOT to be someplace, I've seen limo dark tint on Bimmers and Benz's up there and they are have passed stickers...If not Ill just ride the waiver as long as I can and hope and pray the state doesn't cancel my registration...

I hate when I see tint that is so much darker than mine. I had the guy put on 40% so I wouldn't have any trouble. But there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish it were darker.

Good luck!

mijc13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Davis
DaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to DaviSi
i live in auburn/Worcester might know a shop
DaviSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Davis
DaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivicDaviSi just slammed it into 5th gear on 8thcivic
its called R n M in auburn cool guy meet him from workin at autozone
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Davis
did u move up here..??
Old 02-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

IR Ninja
1sloPR5 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic1sloPR5 just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviSi View Post
its called R n M in auburn cool guy meet him from workin at autozone
Thats cool, I'm kinda looking for a place where I can slip em like 50$ and get a sticker if you get my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviSi View Post
did u move up here..??
No currently outta state since 2006
1sloPR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Davis
i knoe he might do it for me no charge not sure though...
Old 02-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Davis
prob turn the cheek ill find out if anythng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in