8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Anyone have a coupe with an infant child or have had?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dirtybird222 
#1 ·
Found a few good deals on coupes. Before I make any decisions, has anyone had experience with an infant child and a coupe? Is it a pain in the ass? Not bad? First child is due in feb! Thanks for the info!

#3 ·
I didn't.

But I can say that while baby is small enough to be in a carrier, it's easy. Once it's big enough for a seat that you gotta strap them in to, you'll have to just about crawl into the car to make it happen.
I have the sedan with a Recaro seat, (pro ride?) and that works pretty well. It's behind the pass seat, so my passenger has to sit up about 5 clicks...
Hope that helps a little-

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
No infants but ,my brother-in-law has a Si coupe and he regrets not getting a sedan. He's getting a sedan for his next car.

I had one for a 4 day weekend and it was fun and all but the practicality for me wasn't there. that's why I got a sedan. Plus, I can drive my nephew around as well without struggling.

#5 · (Edited)
I have an fg and have had it since my daughter was 1. I never had her in a rear facing seat but with her in a front facing its not bad. Now that she can hop into her seat by herself it's much easier. I don't crawl in the back to buckle her. I lean the front seat way back and lean on my stomach on it.

Since my remarriage, my wife also has two kids so we routinely have 3kids in the back. My daughter is tiny so she is still in a full car seat, her (4 day older step brother) is in a booster seat and his 8yo sister sits in the middle.

They have ridden 15hr car rides like this. Granted, it's not always pleasant considering they are tight but it's do able.

With just 1 kid, put their seat in the middle. That way, if rear facing, a passenger can still get back there easily with less discomfort and once front facing they love the view.

Video of my daughter riding at 1yr 4mos.
http://youtu.be/M11u2yg4Pjk

#6 ·
i have a coupe and i look at it this way if you prefer the coupe over the sedan then get it. kids grow fast and before you know it they will be climbing back there themselfs just do what i did with my daughter and teach her how to buckel herself when she can start climbing back there.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I like both, I've had two sedans so far (8th and 9th gen) and this scoobie is 4-doors. The deals I'm finding around me are just all on the coupes haha. A couple sedans but man I'm trying to stay away from another black car. I just wanted some input. I might just hold off until I can find something I really want and not just compromise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.