One-Touch Moonroof Control Unit Reset - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Photobucket

Silver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersections
Send a message via AIM to Silver8th
One-Touch Moonroof Control Unit Reset

To reset the moonroof control unit, do these steps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08civicman View Post
I had the tech at the dealership show me today.

TURN THE IGNITION TO THE ON POSITOIN

1. hold the auto open button and keep holding it until 3 seconds after the roof is open.

2. Hold the auto close button and hold until 3 seconds after the roof is closed.

DONE AND DONE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Jeff909 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Thumbs up Thanks.....

My sunroof control stoped working today and I found this helpful thread...Thanks for the info. Working perfect now and saved me a trip to the dealer,who by the way was not aware of this reset feature. Thanks Jeff

Jeff909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Photobucket

Silver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersectionsSilver8th switches lanes in the middle of intersections
Glad I could be of assistance. Did yours just quit working all of the sudden also?

Silver8th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jeff909 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Talking SUNROOF

Yes..The one touch feature quit working today. It would only close if I held the button and then when it would close it would stop at the vent position. I called the dealer and made an appointment for Monday.No need to go there now. Thanks...Jeff
Jeff909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2006, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

littledrew just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
THANKS!!!
littledrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Susan
Sleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy
I had to go to dealer to get my sun roof reset yesterday, they tell me if you hold the auto button more then 5 seconds then it turns off the auto feature. I guess they got tired of seeing me as they told me how to fix in the future but i am saving this thread just in case.

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

07CivicSi has their car in neutral right now
this thread is FTW
07CivicSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

8thGenAtmicBluDwnFrc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Thanks for this thread. My sun roof has quit working twice in the past few months and both times I had to return to the dealer to have it fixed. The first time i went down there, the guy that wrote me in asked what was wrong with the car. When I told him the AUTO features on my sun roof went out he looked at me like I was an idiot, and said to my face, "The Civic doesn't have AUTO features on the sun roof. It never has." I just told him that it had them when I left the dealership when I bought the car, and the car wouldn't leave that same dealership without the sun roof working like it did. Honda Techs are stupid.
8thGenAtmicBluDwnFrc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Susan
Sleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsSleepy just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy
This thread FTW.

the last time i went to the dealer to get this fixed my service dude didnt know what i was talking about either. His civic didnt have that feature.

I am so glad this thread came up as i can do it myself now.

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Yellow Puppet

Back and Forth Forever
CameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolleyCameronJr9 likez to fill up with red trolley
Bump for a great DIY. This saved me tonight. The one touch system quit working and there was no way to know for sure if the moonroof was completely closed or not.

CameronJr9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Nexx will be known by all on 8thcivic soon

My SI > Me. Spent 15 minutes trying to reset the moonroof control unit. Guess I'll try tomorrow.
Nexx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

A/Cst.D.F.Abate
si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!si_civic needs another gear in their car!!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to si_civic
What would cause the sunroof to stop functioning in the first place?
si_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

ivtec03 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
My tilt feature stopped working today, any ideas on what I should do to fix it?
ivtec03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Jeff & Nicole
The1SloR/T just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Send a message via AIM to The1SloR/T
oh wow... my girlfriend's car stopped auto open and auto close the other day.. couldnt figure out what it was.. im callin her now and makin her do this and see if its the problem THANKS!
The1SloR/T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ronnie
rmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutralrmfa squeals their tires in neutral
Send a message via ICQ to rmfa Send a message via AIM to rmfa Send a message via MSN to rmfa Send a message via Yahoo to rmfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec03
My tilt feature stopped working today, any ideas on what I should do to fix it?
Did you try anything in this thread??
rmfa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Jayson
kicker_jace likes to double clutchkicker_jace likes to double clutchkicker_jace likes to double clutchkicker_jace likes to double clutch
Send a message via AIM to kicker_jace
thanksssssss

i thought mine broke lol
kicker_jace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker_jace
thanksssssss

i thought mine broke lol
Your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1SloR/T

i Dunno.. try both Silver8th's plan and mine and reply back to what works.
Maybe both do?
I know the steps in post #1 in this thread work. I don't about your way, but you don't have to start the car to reset the moonroof.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

Adam
Dynasty_TypeR sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicDynasty_TypeR sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicDynasty_TypeR sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicDynasty_TypeR sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicDynasty_TypeR sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicDynasty_TypeR sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
SWEET deal dude...thanks a lot man, that DIY definitly saved my life haha, i stopped opening my sunroof cuz i didn't have my one touch, thanks again bud!
Dynasty_TypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

evanwagner just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Silver8th has the correct fix... Worked the 1st time and saved myself a trip to the dealer.. Thanks.
evanwagner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwagner
Silver8th has the correct fix... Worked the 1st time and saved myself a trip to the dealer.. Thanks.
NP glad it helped you out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in