8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Civic Si TRANS problems PETITION

230K views 577 replies 346 participants last post by  JaredB 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

#158 ·
we need 1000 to make any sort of impact... lol i wish. :scratches: :pray:

this is prolly all falling on deaf ears i think. but good to have it documented anyways. never EVER hurts to try at the very least.

#162 ·
SO does this count as a 3rd gear problem? Sometimes when I am driving and I shift into 3rd gear it feels a little stiff when I throw it in. I have 4600 miles on my Sidan and Im used to just clutching and throwing it into third, so I think Im just letting the clutch go too quickly. But its never popped out while driving in third, just feels stiff and occasionally grinds when I do that.

Im getting the oil change tomorrow and having them look at the window streaks that get left when I roll the windows down and up. If this is a third gear issue I want to let them know about it...thought they probably wont be able to reproduce the issue.

#171 ·
3rd gear pops out occasionaly, grinds ALL THE TIME no matter easy or hard shifting, and i also have problems even getting the car in first gear. Im sitting at light, light turns green i put it in first gear, O WAIT IT WONT GO IN, so 3 options, i first started jamming it in there and after doing ti hard enough it would go, option 2 slightly revving the engine seemed to do the trick but you need to wait for it to drop which sucks if your at a green light, and 3rd which i basically do all the time now is just shift to second then back to first sometimes twice but it usually does the job and i dont feel bad for banging it in there.

#174 ·
man i thought it was me. I just picked my 08 si sedan yesterday and right when i pulled out i felt like an ass for missing second driving real slow. im just so used to putting it in gear easy and letting the clutch out. its hard to feel when its actually in gear. Then, today I grinded 3rd....maybe i just need to get used to it. other than that, i love my si.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.