07 SI A\C compressor - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jayfaas just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
07 SI A\C compressor

So my A/C has been wishy washy the past few years working intermittently but now it is getting worse and Im in South Carolina so I need it bad lol. Today I left work and it was 104°F. Its bad for me but its definitely bad for my kids that have to ride with me. Anyway, we checked the system and it has R134A in it so thats not the problem. The relays are good so thats not the problem. The A/C will kick on sometimes and not kick on at all other times. My dad who has been a mechanic for 30+ years says its more than likely the A/C compressor. What is the best deal on one of these and from where? I really want to get a tackle on this and get it installed before summer really hits. Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Jason
JEBSi just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I am having the same problem. Apparently the ac clutch shims are the problem which is included on the ac compressor when you buy it. That is what we need. I have been putting it off for a few years now as well. Sometimes turning it off and then back on is the only thing that helps sometimes.

I think I am buying an oem one from cheaperhondaparts.com for $550.
https://www.cheaperhondaparts.com/au...ssor-2-0l-scat

Autozone has them for $500.
https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...eVehicle=false

I am going to buy it and then either have my ac evacuated and install it myself then take it to the shop to have it recharged or just take the part to my local ac shop and have them do the whole job depending on after I read the service manual instructions again and judge how hard I want someone working on my car.
A/C Compressor Replacement (With A/C)

My cousins live in SC and I have visited in the summer. I can't imagine life there without ac. I could feel my neck skin frying quickly when I would roll my tinted window down and thank goodness for the tint.

Also could try take a shim out of the compressor.

Last edited by JEBSi; 05-28-2019 at 07:05 PM.
JEBSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

gwdew just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I had no a/c and my problem was the thermal protector set. Take a wire and send power from battery right to the wire that comes off the clutch plate. You can do that with the engine off.

After that check the ohms reading with a multimeter of the two OUTSIDE contacts on the plug above the alternator, coming off the compressor. Should read "0" any higher and your thermal protector set is bad. About $60
gwdew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

jnissen just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
For the time invested try removing shims. If your relay is going out that’s a common fail as well. I replaced clutch on compressor a couple years back. Compressor still runs fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jnissen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

hondacayey06 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I got a brand new (not refurbished) ac compressor from Rockauto for my wife’s 2008 CR-V. $215 delivered to Puerto Rico in three days.
hondacayey06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in