2008 honda civic si small vibration felt at idle. "Heartbeat" " stumble" - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Jonnycivic si has their car in neutral right now
2008 honda civic si small vibration felt at idle. "Heartbeat" " stumble"

Hello I recently got a 2008 civic si fa5 119,000miles. And I noticed that when its warm at idle. My Rpms stay at 650 ish and the car idles fine no dips or anything. But I feel this weird pulse/slight vibration that's intermittent. No drivability issues.. it almost feels like the car hiccups but my rpms do not move. I changed my sparkpkugs to ngk iridium's, and i also ran some lucas and did a fresh oil change.. i did notice i have a small crack where the rubber intake hose attaches to the manifold.... i wonder if that could be the reason. I have a sri coming in mail tomorrow that should replace that hose. I also ordered all new engine mounts that i will be replacing on weekend.

But I'm scared that after I replace the hose it wont fix the stumble.... do any of you guys ever have a heartbeat like vibration/ hiccup.... it's only a vibration not actual rpm dip or anything. And only when car is warm... the guy I bought car from definitely had it sitting for a while... I can tell because it had expired tags from August of 2018... and tires were complete ****.... I got new tires window trim moldings, spark plugs, oil change. But this vibration scares me..... came from a 2013 frs, so I'm not used to the inline 4 vibrations

Last edited by Jonnycivic si; 10-24-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Qyota has their car in neutral right now
I'm not sure I have any suggestions, but welcome to the forum. I too am the new owner of an older civic. Mine is an 06 FG2, but it has a very slightly irregular idle as well, mostly heard in the exhaust, and not so much at the engine. It has a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust.

Please post up your motor mount replacement results if you can, and any updates after doing the work. All too often people do great work on their car but never post the results. Thanks!

Qyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Jonnycivic si has their car in neutral right now
I recently Installed my sri, and I did all of my motor mounts. I've been doing some research and it seems as if I might need a valve lash adjustment. My exhaust sometimes pops now that I put on the sri.. only at idle only when warm.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 honda civic si small vibration felt at idle. "Heartbeat" " stumble"-20181024_182303.jpg  
Jonnycivic si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in