8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Got header installed, but . . .

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  octoberfestfan2008 
#1 ·
just wonder, i got some very stinky fumes coming out, not black tho. Also some water comes out don't know if that's normal either. I got the header with the stock exhaust but, no CAT so i expected something to be different didn't realize it was gonna pollute and stink as much. Also, it sounds good and all but just weird, its like you can hear the injectors (pistons) in there when you gun it.

Any input on whether this is normal? Especially the water and the noise??

thanks for the help . . .

#6 ·
Yes all normal fumes are from no cat, water is actually condensation from no cat the exhuast is way hotter exiting the cat-back, pollution yep that will happen hear internal noise is from the header being made from different materials since cast iron is used for driver comfort and longevity your new heade is either ceramic or stainless steel coated so much thinner and les weight. You will also notice that your cabin will be a tad bit warmer because your new header will disapate heat off rather quick and since our header is close to the firewall it warms up the wall quickly. Eventually you'll forget about the cons of the power you just added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.